May. 13th, 1939
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
One of the Dukes
Came to prominence in the early films of Martin Scorsese after working in theatre for around ten years, particularly Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976). Faded into anonymity in the eighties even though he turned in some impressive performances in films by some of America's leading directors. He re-emergered into star status with his role as Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant (1992), The Piano (1993) 0110912.
- (August 2004) Son, Roman, with wife 'Daphna Kastner' (qv).
- He was originally cast as Captain Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). He was let go from the film, just two weeks into filming due to creative differences with director 'Francis Ford Coppola' (qv). 'Martin Sheen' (qv) replaced him.
- Served in the U. S. Marines.
- Operates his own film production company, The Goatsingers, with partner 'Peggy Gormley (I)' (qv).
- Played a "cleaner" in both _Point of No Return (1993)_ (qv) (Victor the Cleaner) and in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) (Winston "The Wolf" Wolfe").
- (1998) Listed as one of Entertainment Weekly's 25 Best Actors.
- A member of The Actors Studio, had studied with 'Frank Corsaro (II)' (qv), 'Lee Strasberg' (qv) & 'Stella Adler' (qv).
- Worked as a salesman in a women's shoestore.