May. 13th, 1939
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Came to prominence in the early films of Martin Scorsese after working in theatre for around ten years, particularly Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976). Faded into anonymity in the eighties even though he turned in some impressive performances in films by some of America's leading directors. He re-emergered into star status with his role as Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant (1992), The Piano (1993) 0110912.
- Although he frequently plays Italian-American characters, Keitel is of Polish and Romanian Jewish heritage.
- Played a "cleaner" in both _Point of No Return (1993)_ (qv) (Victor the Cleaner) and in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) (Winston "The Wolf" Wolfe").
- Worked as a court stenographer in NYC for about 10 years while he was a struggling actor.
- Has a son, Hudson, born to then girlfriend Lisa Karmazin, a potter in California, in the summer of 2001.
- (August 2004) Son, Roman, with wife 'Daphna Kastner' (qv).
- Operates his own film production company, The Goatsingers, with partner 'Peggy Gormley (I)' (qv).
- Daughter, 'Stella Keitel' (qv), with 'Lorraine Bracco' (qv).
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#95).