May. 13th, 1939
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Came to prominence in the early films of Martin Scorsese after working in theatre for around ten years, particularly Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976). Faded into anonymity in the eighties even though he turned in some impressive performances in films by some of America's leading directors. He re-emergered into star status with his role as Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant (1992), The Piano (1993) 0110912.
- Like his good friend 'Robert De Niro' (qv), Keitel is usually very uncomfortable during interviews, often nervously laughing through them.
- He is Godfather to 'Michael Madsen (I)' (qv)'s son Max.
- (1999) Dated 'Andie MacDowell' (qv).
- He was honored with a lifetime achievement award at the 24th Istanbul Film Festival. (16 April 2005)
- Graduated from the BFA program at the prestigious Actors Studio, New School University in New York city, under Dean 'James Lipton' (qv).
- (August 2004) Son, Roman, with wife 'Daphna Kastner' (qv).
- He was originally cast as Captain Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). He was let go from the film, just two weeks into filming due to creative differences with director 'Francis Ford Coppola' (qv). 'Martin Sheen' (qv) replaced him.
- Worked as a salesman in a women's shoestore.