May. 13th, 1939
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Came to prominence in the early films of Martin Scorsese after working in theatre for around ten years, particularly Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976). Faded into anonymity in the eighties even though he turned in some impressive performances in films by some of America's leading directors. He re-emergered into star status with his role as Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant (1992), The Piano (1993) 0110912.
- Met second wife, 'Daphna Kastner' (qv) at the Toronto film festival on 11 September 2001 and married her in a secret ceremony in Jerusalem, Israel three weeks later (7 October).
- Played a "cleaner" in both _Point of No Return (1993)_ (qv) (Victor the Cleaner) and in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) (Winston "The Wolf" Wolfe").
- Served in the U. S. Marines.
- He is Godfather to 'Michael Madsen (I)' (qv)'s son Max.
- (1998) Listed as one of Entertainment Weekly's 25 Best Actors.
- Is one of three actors to play Jack Crawford in the Hannibal Lecter films. He played the role in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), while 'Scott Glenn' (qv) played the role in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv), and 'Dennis Farina' (qv) played the role in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv).
- Shares two roles with 'Dennis Farina' (qv). At the end of _Get Shorty (1995)_ (qv), he plays the Dennis Farina character in the movie-within-a-movie. Farina also originated the role of Jack Crawford in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv), a role that Keitel played in the remake _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv).
- Presented good friend and fellow actor 'Michael Madsen (I)' (qv) with the inaugural Rebel Award for his past, present and ongoing commitment to independent film at Rebelfest 2005, Toronto.