May. 13th, 1939
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Came to prominence in the early films of Martin Scorsese after working in theatre for around ten years, particularly Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976). Faded into anonymity in the eighties even though he turned in some impressive performances in films by some of America's leading directors. He re-emergered into star status with his role as Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant (1992), The Piano (1993) 0110912.
- (1999) Dated 'Andie MacDowell' (qv).
- Served in the U. S. Marines.
- A member of The Actors Studio, had studied with 'Frank Corsaro (II)' (qv), 'Lee Strasberg' (qv) & 'Stella Adler' (qv).
- Although he frequently plays Italian-American characters, Keitel is of Polish and Romanian Jewish heritage.
- Played a "cleaner" in both _Point of No Return (1993)_ (qv) (Victor the Cleaner) and in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) (Winston "The Wolf" Wolfe").
- (August 2004) Son, Roman, with wife 'Daphna Kastner' (qv).
- Graduated from the BFA program at the prestigious Actors Studio, New School University in New York city, under Dean 'James Lipton' (qv).
- (1998) Listed as one of Entertainment Weekly's 25 Best Actors.