Apr. 25th, 1964
Queens, New York, USA
5' 11 1/2
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Comic Book Guy (Voiced)
Hank Azaria (born April 25, 1964) is an American film, television and stage actor, director, and comedian. He is noted for being one of the principal voice actors on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Was trained at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
- Attended college with 'Oliver Platt' (qv); attended acting school with 'Sharon Stone (I)' (qv).
- A favorite of playwright 'Jenelle Riley' (qv); characters in her shows are frequently hybrids of his name with his _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv) characters (e.g. Hank Wiggum). The lead character in her award-winning film _The Perfect Candidate (2004)_ (qv) is named Frank Grimes, after "Homer's Enemy".
- Engaged to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv) in 1997.
- Spent over $300,000 of his own money to make his short film _Nobody's Perfect (2004)_ (qv).
- Attended Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, from 1981-1985, but did not receive his B.A. until he completed two courses in L.A. in 1987. Tufts awarded him its Light on the Hill Award in 1999.
- Was a camper at the real life Camp Towanda, where the movie _Wet Hot American Summer (2001)_ (qv) was filmed.
- Based the voice of Chief Wiggum (in _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv)) on actor 'Edward G. Robinson (I)' (qv).