Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Aviator
2001 - Zoolander
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Snowed Out Singer
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Her wedding dress was designed by 'John Galliano' (qv).
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.
- Attended Cal State Fullerton.
- Admits that she only had two boyfriends in her life. One is 'No Doubt' (qv) band member 'Tony Kanal' (qv), the other one is her husband 'Gavin Rossdale' (qv).
- Named #40 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement (2006).
- Arrived an hour late for her wedding.
- Good friends with 'Shirley Manson' (qv), lead singer of 'Garbage' (qv).
- Has one sister, Jill and two brothers, 'Eric Stefani' (qv) and 'Todd Stefani' (qv).