Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- According to the April 2004 issue of Vogue, her father Dennis is Italian and her mother Patti is of Irish and Scottish descent.
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.
- Was considered for the role of Jane Smith in _Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)_ (qv) when 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) dropped out of the project.
- The vinyl red gown that she wore on the cover of "Tragic Kingdom" was stolen from the Fullerton Museum Centre in Orange County, California on 11th January 2005.
- Was voted one of People magazines 50 Most Beautiful People of 2004.
- Her wedding dress was designed by 'John Galliano' (qv).
- For her "Wind it Up" music video, Gwen Stefani imitated 'Julie Andrews (I)' (qv) unforgettable spin from _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv).
- Friend and collaborator of rapper 'Eve (II)' (qv).