Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Aviator
2001 - Zoolander
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Snowed Out Singer
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Was considered for the role of Jane Smith in _Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)_ (qv) when 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) dropped out of the project.
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.
- Was on her High School swim team.
- Was voted one of People magazines 50 Most Beautiful People of 2004.
- Inspired by such musicals as _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv), and _Annie (1982)_ (qv).
- Ranked #22 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Is a distant cousin of 'Madonna' (qv). Her great-aunt's mother-in-law shares the last name with 'Madonna' (qv).
- Named Best Dressed Woman in the May 2005 issue of Harpers & Queen.