Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Received two Grammy Awards with 'No Doubt' (qv), for "Best Pop Performance By Duo Or Group With Vocal" in 2002 ("Hey Baby") and 2003 ("Underneath It All").
- For her "Wind it Up" music video, Gwen Stefani imitated 'Julie Andrews (I)' (qv) unforgettable spin from _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv).
- According to the April 2004 issue of Vogue, her father Dennis is Italian and her mother Patti is of Irish and Scottish descent.
- The vinyl red gown that she wore on the cover of "Tragic Kingdom" was stolen from the Fullerton Museum Centre in Orange County, California on 11th January 2005.
- Her home was used in a music video for a song from 'Rufus Wainwright' (qv)'s debut album.
- Named #40 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement (2006).
- Arrived an hour late for her wedding.
- Is some sort of a fashion icon, because of her unique style, which mixes vintage with designer clothes.