Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Aviator
2001 - Zoolander
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Snowed Out Singer
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Received two Grammy Awards with 'No Doubt' (qv), for "Best Pop Performance By Duo Or Group With Vocal" in 2002 ("Hey Baby") and 2003 ("Underneath It All").
- Gave birth to a baby boy, Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale, at 12:46 PST on August 21, 2008 weighing 8.5 lbs.
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.
- Attended Cal State Fullerton.
- Was considered for the role of Jane Smith in _Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)_ (qv) when 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) dropped out of the project.
- Inspired by such musicals as _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv), and _Annie (1982)_ (qv).
- Stepmother of 'Gavin Rossdale' (qv)'s daughter 'Daisy Lowe' (qv) (b. 1989).
- For her "Wind it Up" music video, Gwen Stefani imitated 'Julie Andrews (I)' (qv) unforgettable spin from _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv).