Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Received two Grammy Awards with 'No Doubt' (qv), for "Best Pop Performance By Duo Or Group With Vocal" in 2002 ("Hey Baby") and 2003 ("Underneath It All").
- Was voted one of People magazines 50 Most Beautiful People of 2004.
- Ranked #22 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Is some sort of a fashion icon, because of her unique style, which mixes vintage with designer clothes.
- Named #30 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Gwen and her husband, 'Gavin Rossdale' (qv), became the parents of a boy, 'Kingston Rossdale' (qv), on May 26, 2006 in Los Angeles.
- Good friends with 'Shirley Manson' (qv), lead singer of 'Garbage' (qv).
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.