Oct. 3rd, 1969
Fullerton, California, USA
Gwen Stefani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Aviator
2001 - Zoolander
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Snowed Out Singer
Gwen Renee Stefani was born on October 3, 1969 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. She was one of four children born to Dennis Stefani and Patti Flynn. Her siblings are Eric Stefani, Jill and Todd Stefani. She and her brother Eric began the band No Doubt when Gwen was a teenager and she moved from backing vocals to lead singer when their original lead, John Spence, committed suicide. She dated band-mate Tony Kanal for seven years, before marrying English rocker Gavin Rossdale on 14 September 2002 in London. She is now stepmother to Gavin's 16-year-old daughter, Daisy Lowe. Gwen and Gavin divide their time equally between homes in Anaheim and London.
- Named Best Dressed Woman in the May 2005 issue of Harpers & Queen.
- Received five Grammy Awards nominations as solo artist on 8 December 2005: Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Female Pop Performance, Album Of The Year, Record Of The Year and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
- Many big celebs like 'Nicky Hilton (I)' (qv), 'Paris Hilton' (qv), 'Carmen Electra' (qv), and 'Halle Berry' (qv) have been spotted wearing her popular bag, and clothing line titled L.A.M.B.
- According to the April 2004 issue of Vogue, her father Dennis is Italian and her mother Patti is of Irish and Scottish descent.
- Had a seven year romantic relationship with 'No Doubt' (qv)'s bassist, 'Tony Kanal' (qv). Most of the songs on 'No Doubt' (qv)'s "Tragic Kingdom" CD are about their break-up.
- Has a her own fashion label named L.A.M.B. which goes on sale in Spring 2004.
- Lead singer for the band 'No Doubt' (qv).
- Was on her High School swim team.