Jun. 8th, 1955
New York City, New York, USA
Griffin Dunne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Shrink
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2004 - My Date with Drew
2003 - Stuck on You
2002 - 40 Days and 40 Nights
2002 - Cheats
1994 - Quiz Show
1993 - The Pickle
1993 - Naked in New York
1992 - Straight Talk
1992 - Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even
1991 - My Girl
1987 - Amazon Women on the Moon
1987 - Who's That Girl
1985 - After Hours
1984 - Johnny Dangerously
1981 - An American Werewolf in London
Guest TV Roles
Guest Caller - Russell (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Griffin Dunne was born on June 8, 1955 in New York City, the oldest child of Dominick Dunne and Ellen Griffin Dunne. He grew up mainly in Los Angeles and attended school in Colorado before moving back to New York in the late 1970s.
As an actor, Dunne has the distinction of having starred in two 1980s cult favorites. First came the John Landis monster movie An American Werewolf in London (1981), then the Martin Scorsese black comedy After Hours (1985).
"After Hours" is also among the movies that Dunne has produced with partner Amy Robinson (I) through their company Double Play Productions. Other Double Play productions include Running on Empty (1988), White Palace (1990), and Once Around (1991).
Dunne has continued to appear on both sides of the camera, taking supporting roles as an actor in films like My Girl (1991) and I Like It Like That (1994). He made his directorial debut with a short film, Duke of Groove (1996) (TV), which was nominated for an Oscar. Dunne then made the leap to feature films with Addicted to Love (1997), Practical Magic (1998), Famous (2000) and Fierce People (2005).
Dunne produced and starred in the film Game 6 (2005), which premiered at the Sundance film festival in 2005.
- Has a daughter, 'Hannah Dunne' (qv), born in January 1990, together with 'Carey Lowell' (qv).
- Cousin-in-law of 'Gerry Michael' (qv).
- Older brother of 'Dominique Dunne' (qv) and Alexander Dunne.
- Son of producer/writer 'Dominick Dunne' (qv) and Ellen Griffin Dunne.
- At age 18, Dunne skipped college and moved to New York to become an actor.
- Good friends with 'Michael Keaton' (qv).
- Founded with 'Amy Robinson (I)' (qv) production company "Double Play Productions".
- Frequently works with actress 'Rosanna Arquette' (qv).