Apr. 20th, 1948
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Gregory Itzin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gregory Itzin (born April 20, 1948) in Washington, D.C., the son of Evelyn Loretta (née Smith) and Martin Joseph Itzin. When he was in sixth grade, his family moved to Burlington, Wisconsin, where his father was mayor. Itzin originally intended to become a theater actor, receiving training at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. He has appeared on many stages across the country.
- Before playing the President of the United States on _"24" (2001)_ (qv), he played a presidential candidate in a commercial for cheese.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1994 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) for "The Kentucky Cycle".
- According to the producers of _"24" (2001)_ (qv), his resemblance to president 'Richard Nixon' (qv) was not deliberate; it was merely a coincidence.
- He has played five characters in the last three _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv) spin-offs.
- Lives in Los Angeles with his wife, an artist, and their two children Will (b. 1983) and Julia (b. 1986).