May. 31st, 1950
Avalon, Catalina Island, California, USA
Gregory Harrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Give 'em Hell, Malone
2000 - Canone inverso - making love
1998 - Air Bud: Golden Receiver
1996 - It's My Party
1987 - North Shore
1984 - Razorback
1973 - The Harrad Experiment
Guest TV Roles
Old John Loengard (Voiced)
Born: May 31, 1950
During his days of prominence in the '80s,American actor Gregory Harrison became the unofficial poster boy of the Catalina Island chamber of commerce. As a native of that offshore isle, Harrison frequently guested on talk and variety shows, elucidating the natural wonders of both Catalina and the Avalon resort. A graduate of New York's Actors Studio, Harrison briefly supported himself as a nightclub doorman before securing small film and TV roles. Harrison's most memorable credits were for the small screen: He played Logan 5 on Logan's_Run (1977), Michael Sharpe on the final 1989-90 season of Falcon Crest, and the title role in the brief 1990 sitcom The_Family_Man. Harrison's longest TV-series run was seven seasons (1979-86) as "Gonzo" Gates, the Vietnam-vet doctor on Trapper John MD (1979-86). Hal Erickson, Rovi
- His parents, Ed and Donna (she was once an aspiring dancer), divorced when he was 14. A middle child of three, his older sister Kathleen and younger brother Christopher are both artists. He and his father were both born and raised on South Catalina Island, unlike the others in his family.
- While working as a doorman at a nightclub, he met 'Jason Robards' (qv) who offered him encouragement to become an actor. He quit his job and moved to L.A. immediately afterward.
- He also enjoys swimming, kayaking and is a keen golfer.
- Gregory was discovered on the musical theater stage and returns there now and again.
- His over 25-year marriage to former model/actress 'Randi Oakes' (qv) managed to survive Greg's early personal battles with alcohol and cocaine.
- Played the role of slick lawyer Billy Flynn in the NY production of "Chicago" on and off between the years 2003 and 2006.
- Has 3 daughters and an adopted son (Emma, Lily, Kate, 'Quinn Edgar Harrison' (qv)).
- Best known by the public for his starring role as Chief of Surgery - Dr. George Alonzo 'Gonzo' Gates on _"Trapper John, M.D." (1979)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb