May. 31st, 1950
Avalon, Catalina Island, California, USA
Gregory Harrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Give 'em Hell, Malone
2000 - Canone inverso - making love
1998 - Air Bud: Golden Receiver
1996 - It's My Party
1987 - North Shore
1984 - Razorback
1973 - The Harrad Experiment
Guest TV Roles
Old John Loengard (Voiced)
Born: May 31, 1950
During his days of prominence in the '80s,American actor Gregory Harrison became the unofficial poster boy of the Catalina Island chamber of commerce. As a native of that offshore isle, Harrison frequently guested on talk and variety shows, elucidating the natural wonders of both Catalina and the Avalon resort. A graduate of New York's Actors Studio, Harrison briefly supported himself as a nightclub doorman before securing small film and TV roles. Harrison's most memorable credits were for the small screen: He played Logan 5 on Logan's_Run (1977), Michael Sharpe on the final 1989-90 season of Falcon Crest, and the title role in the brief 1990 sitcom The_Family_Man. Harrison's longest TV-series run was seven seasons (1979-86) as "Gonzo" Gates, the Vietnam-vet doctor on Trapper John MD (1979-86). Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Spent his youth swimming, fishing, and diving for coins tossed by the tourists who lined the railings of the two-thousand passenger S.S. Catalina as it sailed into the bay during the summer.
- He also enjoys swimming, kayaking and is a keen golfer.
- Wife 'Randi Oakes' (qv) is also an actress who played the character "Officer Bonnie Clark" on the TV series _"CHiPs" (1977)_ (qv).
- He is also one of the original members of the Surfrider Foundation, a non-profit environmental organization that works to protect the coast that was founded in 1984. Harrison is an avid surfer. He claims to have ridden the waves of every surfable ocean on almost every continent in the world.
- His parents, Ed and Donna (she was once an aspiring dancer), divorced when he was 14. A middle child of three, his older sister Kathleen and younger brother Christopher are both artists. He and his father were both born and raised on South Catalina Island, unlike the others in his family.
- Gregory served two years as a medic in the Army.
- Took up the guitar while he was in the Army and also started composing songs.
- Gregory was discovered on the musical theater stage and returns there now and again.
Related sites for this celeb