Jul. 11th, 1966
Los Angeles, California, USA
6' 0 1/2
Greg Grunberg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Star Trek
2006 - Mission: Impossible III
2004 - The Ladykillers
2003 - Malibu's Most Wanted
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2000 - Hollow Man
1999 - The Muse
1998 - BASEketball
1998 - Senseless
1997 - Picture Perfect
1996 - The Pallbearer
Guest TV Roles
Grunberg was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Sandy (née Klein) and Gerry Grunberg, and had a Jewish upbringing. He is best known for starring as Matt Parkman on the NBC television series Heroes. Other notable roles include the characters Sean Blumberg on Felicity (1998–2002) and Eric Weiss on Alias (2001–2006), both created and produced by childhood friend J. J. Abrams.
- Has three sons with his wife: Jake (b. 1996), Ben (b. 1999), and Sam (b. 2003).
- Brother of 'Brad Grunberg' (qv).
- He has known 'J.J. Abrams' (qv) since they were in kindergarten. Greg has gotten parts in almost every project J.J. works on.
- Acted in several high-profile television commercials early on in his career, including one that was so memorable it landed him on "The Tonight Show."
- Auditioned for the role of Fred Flintstone in _The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000)_ (qv).
- Came up with the concept for a location-aware coupon application for the iPhone called "Yowza!!" along with business partners August Trometer and 'Rick Yaeger' (qv).
- He is the Chair of the National Walk for Epilepsy "2008".
- Was originally set play Detective Wallace MacTee in _Hero Wanted (2008)_ (qv) alongside 'Ray Liotta' (qv) and 'Cuba Gooding Jr.' (qv) but was forced to drop out at the last minute due to scheduling conflicts with his role on _Heroes (2006/II)_.