Sep. 9th, 1972
Sibenik, Croatia, Yugoslavia
Goran Visnjic's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Helen
2009 - New York, I Love You
2005 - Elektra
2002 - Doctor Sleep
2002 - Ice Age
2001 - The Deep End
1998 - Practical Magic
1998 - Rounders
1997 - The Peacemaker
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
- Father was a bus driver; mother worked in a food market.
- On June 19, 2005 he received Croatia's highest cultural honor, the Vladimir Nazor award for "Best Realization of a Theatrical Performance - Film" for his performance in the Pula Film Festival award-winning film, _Duga mracna noc (2004)_ (qv). Each year the "Vladimir Nazor" is awarded to the nation's top artists in the areas of: literature, music, painting and sculpture, theater, film and architecture. The awards ceremony took place at the Dverce Palace in Zagreb where the Minister of Culture handed out the awards.
- Trained at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb.
- (2000) Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world
- Appeared in 'Madonna' (qv)'s 1998 music video, "The Power of Goodbye."
- Named as the Best Croatian actor in 2004 according to the votes of the visitors of internet magazines.
- Ranked #18 in Croatian-based monthly film magazine "Hollywood" in «Best Croatian Male Movie Stars of All Time» list. (November 2005)
- In a full-page article entitled, "Goran Visnjic Dr. Do Good" in the February 2005 issue of In Style magazine, he announced his support for, and collaboration with, the IFAW's (International Fund for Animal Welfare) efforts to save wildlife and the environment, by becoming a spokesperson for that organization's efforts to protect whales and fur bearing seals.