Sep. 9th, 1972
Sibenik, Croatia, Yugoslavia
Goran Visnjic's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Helen
2009 - New York, I Love You
2005 - Elektra
2002 - Doctor Sleep
2002 - Ice Age
2001 - The Deep End
1998 - Practical Magic
1998 - Rounders
1997 - The Peacemaker
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Goran Visnjic was born on September 9, 1972 in Sibenik, Croatia, Yugoslavia. He is an actor and producer, known for ER (1994), Ice Age (2002) and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011). He has been married to Eva (formerly Ivana) Vrdoljak since May 8, 1999. They have three children.
- Appeared in an anti-fur billboard campaign for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals with his dog, Bugsy, beginning in January 2003. The ads read: "If you wouldn't wear your dog, please don't wear any fur." The campaign was PETA's first in eastern Europe.
- Last name is pronounced 'VISH-nyich'
- The youngest actor to be chosen for the coveted title role in Shakespeare's Hamlet, he portrayed the doomed Prince for 6 years from 1993 to 2000, at the internationally acclaimed Dubrovnik Summer Theatre Festival in Croatia, winning several coveted Orlando Awards (the equivalent of the Tony Award). During an episode of "ER," "Luka" demonstrated his expertise in the part of Hamlet, by reciting the, "To be or not to be," soliloquy in Croatian. In the same episode, demonstrated his skill in one of his hobbies, by "Luka" fencing with "Carter."
- His last name was derived of both Croatian and Serbian word "visnja", which means cherry. Therefore Visnjic means "of the cherry".
- Father was a bus driver; mother worked in a food market.
- Visnjic is common Serbian surname (e.g. famous Serbian popular poet of Serbian epic poetry from 19th century was Filip Visnjic).
- The younger of two sons.
- Shares birthday with writer Leo Tolstoy, Italian writer Cesare Pavese, French officer Alfred Dreyfus, singer Michael BublÚ, actors Michelle Williams, Adam Sandler and Hugh Grant.