Nov. 21st, 1945
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Goldie Hawn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - A Decade Under the Influence
2002 - The Banger Sisters
2001 - Town & Country
1999 - The Out-of-Towners
1996 - Everyone Says I Love You
1996 - The First Wives Club
1992 - Death Becomes Her
1992 - CrissCross
1991 - Deceived
1990 - Bird on a Wire
1987 - Overboard
1987 - Overboard
1986 - Wildcats
1984 - Protocol
1984 - Swing Shift
1980 - Seems Like Old Times
1980 - Private Benjamin
1978 - Foul Play
1975 - Shampoo
1974 - The Sugarland Express
1970 - There's a Girl in My Soup
1969 - Cactus Flower
1969 - Five the Hard Way
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Actress (segment "Goldie")
Peggy McGee (Voiced)
Goldie Jeanne Hawn (born November 21, 1945) is an American actress, film director, producer, and occasional singer. Hawn is known for her role in television's Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.
Hawn was born in Washington, D.C., the daughter of Laura (née Steinhoff; November 27, 1913 – November 27, 1993), a jewelry shop/dance school owner, and Edward Rutledge Hawn (September 28, 1908 – June 7, 1982), a band musician who played at major events in Washington. She was named after her mother's aunt. She has a sister, Patricia; her brother, Edward, died as an infant before Goldie's birth.
Through her father, Hawn is a direct descendant of Edward Rutledge, the youngest signatory of the Declaration of Independence. Hawn was raised in Takoma Park, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C., and attended Montgomery Blair High School in nearby Silver Spring, Maryland. Her father was Presbyterian and her mother was Jewish, the daughter of immigrants from Hungary; Hawn had a Jewish upbringing.
At the age of three Hawn began taking ballet and tap dance lessons, and at the age of ten she danced in the chorus of the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo production of "The Nutcracker". At the age of 19 she ran and instructed a ballet school, having dropped out of college where she was majoring in drama. Before going into the film business she worked as a professional dancer.
Hawn had her feature film debut in The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (1968), with a small role as a giggling dancer. Her first supporting role was in Cactus Flower (1969), a role which earned her an academy award for Best Supporting Actress.
After her academy award win her career took off and she followed with roles in successful comedies such as There's a Girl in My Soup (1970) and Shampoo (1975) and more dramatic roles in The Girl from Petrovka (1974) and The Sugarland Express (1974). She starred alongside 'Chevy Chase' in the box office hit Foul Play (1978).
Hawn starred in another box office hit Private Benjamin (1980), where she also served as producer. During the 1980s she starred in hit movies such as Protocol (1984), Wildcats (1986) and Swing Shift (1984).
She appeared with her partner 'Kurt Russell' in the film Overboard (1987), which became both a critical and box office disappointment. Her career slowed down after that until 1990 when she starred alongside 'Mel Gibson' in Bird on a Wire.
In 1992 she starred in the successful film, Death Becomes Her with 'Meryl Streep' and 'Bruce Willis', which was followed by another successful film Housesitter which co-starred 'Steve Martin'.
Hawn played the role of an aging alcoholic actress in the comedy The First Wives Club (1996) with 'Diane Keaton' and 'Bette Midler', it became a critical and financial success.
She also starred in the 'Woody Allen' film Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and The Out-of-Towners (1999) which reunited her with 'Steve Martin'. In 2001 and 2002 she starred in Town & Country (2001) with 'Warren Beatty' and The Banger Sisters (2002) with 'Susan Sarandon'.
Hawn has been married twice. First to actor/director 'Gus Trikonis', from 1969 to 1974. In 1975 she married the musician 'Bill Hudson' and became a mother for the first time in 1976, when she gave birth to their son 'Oliver Hudson'. In 1979, she had her second child by Hudson, daughter 'Kate Hudson'. The marriage ended in divorce in 1980.
Since 1983, Hawn has been in a relationship with actor 'Kurt Russell' and they have a son together, Wyatt Russell (born 1986).
Hawn is also a grandmother, her daughter Kate has two sons: Ryder Russell Robinson (born January 7, 2004) and Bingham Hawn Bellamy (born July 2011). Her son Oliver and his wife, actress 'Erinn Bartlett' have two sons: Wilder Brooks Hudson (born August 23, 2007), Bodhi Hawn Hudson (born 2010) and a daughter Rio (born July 2013). Hawn's first granddaughter.
- It is often incorrectly stated that she shortened her family name from Studlendgehawn to Hawn. According to census documents the surname of all of her direct ancestors up to and including her father is Hawn, Hahn, or Haun.
- She and longtime companion 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv) both appeared in _The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (1968)_ (qv), _Swing Shift (1984)_ (qv), and _Overboard (1987)_ (qv).
- Her performance as Judy Benjamin in _Private Benjamin (1980)_ (qv) is ranked #70 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Started Cosmic Entertainment with 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv), 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv) and 'Oliver Hudson (I)' (qv) in 2003.
- Measurements: 34A-23-35 (early starlet days), 34B-24-36 (at age 51), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She is a devout Buddhist and introduced His Holiness, the 'Dalai Lama' (qv), at the "Tribute to the Dalai Lama" concert at Vancouver's Orpheum Theatre, in April 2004.
- In January 1985, at age 39, she posed for the cover of Playboy.
- Plays a former rock-star groupie in _The Banger Sisters (2002)_ (qv). Her daughter, 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv), plays a young rock-star groupie in _Almost Famous (2000)_ (qv).