Sep. 1st, 1957
Gloria Estefan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1999 - Music of the Heart
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Co-Hostess
Herself - Guest
Herself - Musical Guest
- In 2006, she donated $1 million to the Miami Paralysis Project.
- Attended high school at Our Lady of Lourdes Academy Catholic School in South Miami, Florida.
- Her husband, Emilio was her first and only boyfriend.
- Son Nayib is a film major at UCLA
- In the 1950s, her father Jose Fajardo was a personal bodyguard to the first lady of Cuba, the wife of president 'Fulgencio Batista' (qv). Following 'Fidel Castro (I)' (qv)'s Revolution in 1959, Jose was captured in the futile 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion that sought to free Cuba from Communist rule. He was held prisoner until an exchange was arranged soon after by U.S. President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv).
- Children: Nayib (born 2 Sept 1980) and Emily Marie (b. 5 Dec 1994)
- (March 1990) Tour bus crash left her with a broken back.