Sep. 1st, 1957
Gloria Estefan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Once worked as a translator for the U. S. Customs Service at Miami airport.
- Named after her mother
- In the 1950s, her father Jose Fajardo was a personal bodyguard to the first lady of Cuba, the wife of president 'Fulgencio Batista' (qv). Following 'Fidel Castro (I)' (qv)'s Revolution in 1959, Jose was captured in the futile 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion that sought to free Cuba from Communist rule. He was held prisoner until an exchange was arranged soon after by U.S. President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv).
- (March 1990) Tour bus crash left her with a broken back.
- Son Nayib is a film major at UCLA
- (13 February 1998) Together with her husband, 'Emilio Estefan Jr.' (qv), won the court case for the right to use the name Bongo Cuban Cafe for the cafe they own in Disney World. They were sued by makers of Bongo blue jeans for trademark infringement.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Got one of her first television appearances courtesy of actress/singer 'Iris Chacon' and her show _"El show de Iris Chacon" (1972)_ (qv).