Sep. 1st, 1957
Gloria Estefan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1999 - Music of the Heart
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Co-Hostess
Herself - Guest
Herself - Musical Guest
- Her husband, Emilio was her first and only boyfriend.
- Children: Nayib (born 2 Sept 1980) and Emily Marie (b. 5 Dec 1994)
- Graduated from the University of Miami
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Her band is 'The Miami Sound Machine' (qv).
- Ranked #81 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- In the 1950s, her father Jose Fajardo was a personal bodyguard to the first lady of Cuba, the wife of president 'Fulgencio Batista' (qv). Following 'Fidel Castro (I)' (qv)'s Revolution in 1959, Jose was captured in the futile 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion that sought to free Cuba from Communist rule. He was held prisoner until an exchange was arranged soon after by U.S. President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv).