Sep. 1st, 1957
Gloria Estefan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- In the 1950s, her father Jose Fajardo was a personal bodyguard to the first lady of Cuba, the wife of president 'Fulgencio Batista' (qv). Following 'Fidel Castro (I)' (qv)'s Revolution in 1959, Jose was captured in the futile 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion that sought to free Cuba from Communist rule. He was held prisoner until an exchange was arranged soon after by U.S. President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv).
- Children: Nayib (born 2 Sept 1980) and Emily Marie (b. 5 Dec 1994)
- Filmed a commercial with her husband, Emilio, for the Winn-Dixie supermarket chain before reaching stardom.
- Son Nayib is a film major at UCLA
- Graduated from the University of Miami
- (13 February 1998) Together with her husband, 'Emilio Estefan Jr.' (qv), won the court case for the right to use the name Bongo Cuban Cafe for the cafe they own in Disney World. They were sued by makers of Bongo blue jeans for trademark infringement.
- Her mother, Gloria Garcia Perez de Fajardo, is critical condition in the hospital [October 15, 2007].
- Lives on Star Island in Miami