Jul. 3rd, 1941
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Gloria Allred's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - John Q
2001 - Rat Race
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Referred to the Boy Scouts' policy of admitting only boys as "gender apartheid" and, during the waning days of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall election, accused 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) of being a Nazi sympathizer by stating that there were "six-million reasons not to vote" for him. No allegations of Schwarzenegger ties to Nazism have ever been substantiated.
- Was the only prominent feminist activist to call for 'Bill Clinton (I)' (qv) to step down from office after numerous women accused the President of groping them and committing lewd acts in front of them. Nearly all other prominent feminist activists sided with President Clinton, despite having supported the accusers of Republican Senator Bob Packwood and conservative Supreme Court-nominee 'Clarence Thomas (II)' (qv).
- Refers to President 'George W. Bush' (qv) as the "President select" and once called Supreme Court justice 'Clarence Thomas (II)' (qv) an "Uncle Tom".
- Lives in Los Angeles.
- She has a daughter, 'Lisa Bloom (III)' (qv), with whom she practices law. Lisa occasionally appears on the radio show hosted by her mother & Mark Taylor, at 790-AM, KABC, in Los Angeles.
- Outspoken feminist attorney and radio talk show host.
- Stated on her KABC radio show her belief that single women on welfare should be given taxpayer-funded fertility treatment if they are unable to conceive.
- Some of her sex-discrimination suits include suing the Boy Scouts for not admitting girls for membership and KMART for having a boys toy section and a girls toy section.