Jul. 3rd, 1941
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Gloria Allred's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Divorce Corp
2002 - John Q
2001 - Rat Race
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Special Guest
Herself - Attorney
Herself - Panelist
Herself - Attorney
- Was the only prominent feminist activist to call for 'Bill Clinton (I)' (qv) to step down from office after numerous women accused the President of groping them and committing lewd acts in front of them. Nearly all other prominent feminist activists sided with President Clinton, despite having supported the accusers of Republican Senator Bob Packwood and conservative Supreme Court-nominee 'Clarence Thomas (II)' (qv).
- Stated on her KABC radio show her belief that single women on welfare should be given taxpayer-funded fertility treatment if they are unable to conceive.
- After she brought her sex-discrimination suit against The Boy Scouts, Ms. Allred was asked if she would represent a man suing the WNBA, LPGA or a woman's college. Her response was, "That's a good question. I don't have an answer for you."
- Some of her sex-discrimination suits include suing the Boy Scouts for not admitting girls for membership and KMART for having a boys toy section and a girls toy section.
- Referred to the Boy Scouts' policy of admitting only boys as "gender apartheid" and, during the waning days of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall election, accused 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) of being a Nazi sympathizer by stating that there were "six-million reasons not to vote" for him. No allegations of Schwarzenegger ties to Nazism have ever been substantiated.
- She has a daughter, 'Lisa Bloom (III)' (qv), with whom she practices law. Lisa occasionally appears on the radio show hosted by her mother & Mark Taylor, at 790-AM, KABC, in Los Angeles.
- Outspoken feminist attorney and radio talk show host.
- Lives in Los Angeles.