32 (passed away Dec. 3rd, 2002)
May. 28th, 1970
Glenn Quinn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1997 - Campfire Tales
1995 - Live Nude Girls
1992 - Dr. Giggles
1991 - Shout
Guest TV Roles
Party Jock #1
Joshua St. John
Quinn was born in Dublin, Ireland, and moved to the United States with his mother and two sisters in 1988. His first role was as a pool shark in the Richard Marx (II) video Satisfied. He later landed a major role in the John Travolta film Shout (1991), where he shared a screen kiss with Gwyneth Paltrow. He went on to have roles in a number of other movies and television series. His most notable roles were as Becky's husband, Mark, on "Roseanne" (1988) and half-demon Doyle on the WB's "Angel" (1999). He died of a heroin overdose in 2002.
- Though allowed to use his native Irish accent in the show _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv), it was so thick that he had to occasionally "Americanize" it so you could understand what he was saying. This sometimes made it sound as if is accent was fading in and out.
- Favorite band was 'U2 (I)' (qv).
- Did dead-on impersonations of _"Sesame Street" (1969)_ (qv)'s Grover and 'Christopher Walken' (qv).
- Was good friends with Charisma Carpenter.
- Worked in a factory, painted houses and waited tables before getting discovered.
- He was spotted by casting director 'Johanna Ray' (qv), who helped him get representation.
- Actor Michael Fishman, who co-starred with Quinn on Roseanne, set up a memorial fund in his name.
- Grew up in Cabinteely, Dublin, Ireland down the street from Cinematographer / Producer 'Noel Donnellon' (qv) and Animator / Director 'Paul Donnellon' (qv).