Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Told _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) executives that she was 27 so that she would appear more credible as an FBI agent with a medical degree.
- In high school, was voted "Class Clown" and "Most Bizarre Girl".
- Partner of Mark Griffiths [2006 - present] 2 sons.
- Return to work on _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) 10 days after she gave birth to Piper Maru.
- Piper Maru, her daughter, was the inspiration for the title of an _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) episode introducing the famous black oil in the series.
- Ranked #23 on Wizard magazine's Sexiest Women of TV list (March 2008).
- Went to the Goodman Theater School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she earned a degree in fine arts. One of her classmates was 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv).
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).