Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- In 1996, Anderson was voted the "Sexiest Woman in the World" by FHM's "100 Sexiest Women" poll.
- (1996) Says her favorite film is _Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993)_ (qv).
- Kept her daughter, Piper, completely hidden from the public until they both appeared in Joan Ostin's book, "Celebrity Moms" and the April 2001 issue of "In Style Magazine".
- Went to the Goodman Theater School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she earned a degree in fine arts. One of her classmates was 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv).
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.