Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Fairy Godmother (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Data Nully (Voiced)
Video Narrator (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Was voted "Most Likely to be Arrested" by her classmates in high school, and was, in fact, arrested on graduation night for trying to glue the locks shut at her high school.
- Standing at just 5' 3", she has to stand on an apple box to shoot many scenes in _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".
- In 2003, she won the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Best Actress Award for her West End debut in Michael Weller's two-hander, What the Night Is For.
- Of the 5 actresses nominated for an Emmy as "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" in 2006, she was the only one who hasn't been nominated for an Oscar
- Was married to first husband 'Clyde Klotz' (qv) on the 17th hole of a golf course in Hawaii by a Buddhist priest.
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- Graduated from City High School, Grand Rapids, Michigan.