Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Engaged to photojournalist 'Julian Ozanne' (qv). Wedding was planned for September 2003 during a safari ceremony in Kenya, but was delayed for over a year.
- Parents left US for London when she was 2. The family moved back to the US when she was 11. She relocated to London again, as an adult, in 2002. As of May 2006, she still lives there with her daughter.
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- Went to the Goodman Theater School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she earned a degree in fine arts. One of her classmates was 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv).
- Third child, a boy named Felix Griffiths born October 15th 2008. Father is Mark Griffiths.
- Graduated from City High School, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Presented the best designer award at the 51st Evening Standard Theatre Awards (2005).
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".