Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - I'll Follow You Down
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Data Nully (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Video Narrator (Voiced)
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Was the first woman to host Masterpiece which began in 1971.
- Was married to first husband 'Clyde Klotz' (qv) on the 17th hole of a golf course in Hawaii by a Buddhist priest.
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- Parents left US for London when she was 2. The family moved back to the US when she was 11. She relocated to London again, as an adult, in 2002. As of May 2006, she still lives there with her daughter.
- Gained her first real break when she replaced 'Mary-Louise Parker' (qv) in the play "The Philanthropist."