Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Return to work on _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) 10 days after she gave birth to Piper Maru.
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- As a teen, her favorite bands included Skinny Puppy and Dead Kennedys.
- Kept her daughter, Piper, completely hidden from the public until they both appeared in Joan Ostin's book, "Celebrity Moms" and the April 2001 issue of "In Style Magazine".
- In high school, was voted "Class Clown" and "Most Bizarre Girl".
- Is an avid art collector. Her collection includes work from such artists as Diane Arbus, Francesco Clemente and Kiki Smith.
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- Parents left US for London when she was 2. The family moved back to the US when she was 11. She relocated to London again, as an adult, in 2002. As of May 2006, she still lives there with her daughter.