Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- Third child, son Felix Griffiths, was born on October 15, 2008. He weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz.
- Parents left US for London when she was 2. The family moved back to the US when she was 11. She relocated to London again, as an adult, in 2002. As of May 2006, she still lives there with her daughter.
- Return to work on _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) 10 days after she gave birth to Piper Maru.
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".
- [December 29 2004] Married her long-term boyfriend 'Julian Ozanne' (qv) on Lamu's Shella Island, off the coast of Kenya.
- Told _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) executives that she was 27 so that she would appear more credible as an FBI agent with a medical degree.
- (1996) Says her favorite film is _Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993)_ (qv).