Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Robot Overlords
2014 - I'll Follow You Down
2011 - Johnny English Reborn
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Fairy Godmother (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Data Nully (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- [December 29 2004] Married her long-term boyfriend 'Julian Ozanne' (qv) on Lamu's Shella Island, off the coast of Kenya.
- Lived in London, England, from age 2 to age 11, then moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she was teased for her English accent.
- (1996) Says her favorite film is _Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993)_ (qv).
- Piper Maru, her daughter, was the inspiration for the title of an _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) episode introducing the famous black oil in the series.
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by 'Malcolm Marsden' (qv), who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- Of the 5 actresses nominated for an Emmy as "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" in 2006, she was the only one who hasn't been nominated for an Oscar