Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - I'll Follow You Down
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Data Nully (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Video Narrator (Voiced)
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- At age 38, she gave birth to her second child. Son, Oscar was born in London on November 1, 2006 weighing in at 6 lbs, 8 oz. Oscar was born 3 weeks early and had some health issues, requiring a stay in the NICU. Dad is Gillian's partner Mark Griffiths.
- In 2003, she won the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Best Actress Award for her West End debut in Michael Weller's two-hander, What the Night Is For.
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".
- Lived in London, England, from age 2 to age 11, then moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she was teased for her English accent.
- Youngest actress - at the age of 29 years old in 1997 - to win Outstanding Lead Actress in a Primetime Drama Series Emmy Award since Lindsay Wagner won at the age of 28 in 1977.
- Told _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) executives that she was 27 so that she would appear more credible as an FBI agent with a medical degree.
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by 'Malcolm Marsden' (qv), who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- Return to work on _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) 10 days after she gave birth to Piper Maru.