Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Robot Overlords
2014 - I'll Follow You Down
2011 - Johnny English Reborn
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Fairy Godmother (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Data Nully (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- In high school, was voted "Class Clown" and "Most Bizarre Girl".
- Third child, a boy named Felix Griffiths born October 15th 2008. Father is Mark Griffiths.
- Was voted "Most Likely to be Arrested" by her classmates in high school, and was, in fact, arrested on graduation night for trying to glue the locks shut at her high school.
- In 2003, she won the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Best Actress Award for her West End debut in Michael Weller's two-hander, What the Night Is For.
- Is an avid art collector. Her collection includes work from such artists as Diane Arbus, Francesco Clemente and Kiki Smith.
- [December 29 2004] Married her long-term boyfriend 'Julian Ozanne' (qv) on Lamu's Shella Island, off the coast of Kenya.
- Kept her daughter, Piper, completely hidden from the public until they both appeared in Joan Ostin's book, "Celebrity Moms" and the April 2001 issue of "In Style Magazine".
- Was married to first husband 'Clyde Klotz' (qv) on the 17th hole of a golf course in Hawaii by a Buddhist priest.