Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Daughter of Edward and Rosemary Anderson, she has a younger brother, Aaron, and a younger sister, 'Zoe Anderson (II)' (qv).
- As a teen, her favorite bands included Skinny Puppy and Dead Kennedys.
- Was the first woman to host Masterpiece which began in 1971.
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- Piper Maru, her daughter, was the inspiration for the title of an _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) episode introducing the famous black oil in the series.
- Graduated from City High School, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by 'Malcolm Marsden' (qv), who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- Engaged to photojournalist 'Julian Ozanne' (qv). Wedding was planned for September 2003 during a safari ceremony in Kenya, but was delayed for over a year.