Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- In high school, was voted "Class Clown" and "Most Bizarre Girl".
- Kept her daughter, Piper, completely hidden from the public until they both appeared in Joan Ostin's book, "Celebrity Moms" and the April 2001 issue of "In Style Magazine".
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- At age 38, she gave birth to her second child. Son, Oscar was born in London on November 1, 2006 weighing in at 6 lbs, 8 oz. Oscar was born 3 weeks early and had some health issues, requiring a stay in the NICU. Dad is Gillian's partner Mark Griffiths.
- _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) writer, 'Chris Carter (I)' (qv), is the godfather of her daughter, Piper Maru.
- (March 2006) Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the "Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever".
- Third child, son Felix Griffiths, was born on October 15, 2008. He weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz.
- Of the 5 actresses nominated for an Emmy as "Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" in 2006, she was the only one who hasn't been nominated for an Oscar