Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - I'll Follow You Down
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Data Nully (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Video Narrator (Voiced)
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education.
Anderson's big break came with The X Files (1993) with 'David Duchovny' as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband ('Clyde Klotz', marrying on (January 1, 1994). One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was (born September 25, 1994). Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with 'Sean Connery', 'Ellen Burstyn', 'Angelina Jolie' and 'Dennis Quaid'.
- Was the first woman to host Masterpiece which began in 1971.
- (1996) Says her favorite film is _Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers (1993)_ (qv).
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by 'Malcolm Marsden' (qv), who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- Went to the Goodman Theater School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she earned a degree in fine arts. One of her classmates was 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv).
- Third child, a boy named Felix Griffiths born October 15th 2008. Father is Mark Griffiths.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Partner of Mark Griffiths [2006 - present] 2 sons.
- As a teen, her favorite bands included Skinny Puppy and Dead Kennedys.