Aug. 9th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gillian Anderson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Boogie Woogie
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Straightheads
2006 - The Last King of Scotland
2005 - A Cock and Bull Story
2005 - The Mighty Celt
2000 - The House of Mirth
1998 - The Mighty
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1992 - The Turning
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier
Data Nully (Voiced)
Agent Scully (Voiced)
Video Narrator (Voiced)
Dana Scully (Voiced)
Gillian Anderson started her career as a member of an amateur actor group, while at high school. Her love of the theatre took her to the national theatre of Great Britain at the Cornell University of Ithaca, in New York. Afterwards, Anderson left for the Goodman Theatre School of the DePaul University in Chicago, where she finished her education. Her big break came with "The X Files" (1993) (with David Duchovny) as Dana Scully. There, she met her future husband (Clyde Klotz), marrying on January 1st 1994. One month later, Gillian was pregnant. Her daughter, Piper Anderson, was born on the 25th September 1994. Her film career started with the movie The Turning (1992) in 1997 and, the following year, she starred in Playing by Heart (1998) with Sean Connery, Ellen Burstyn, Angelina Jolie and Dennis Quaid.
- (25 September 1994) Daughter 'Piper Anderson' (qv) born between the filming of episodes 2.6 and 2.8 of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- Presented the best designer award at the 51st Evening Standard Theatre Awards (2005).
- Engaged to photojournalist 'Julian Ozanne' (qv). Wedding was planned for September 2003 during a safari ceremony in Kenya, but was delayed for over a year.
- In 2003, she won the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Best Actress Award for her West End debut in Michael Weller's two-hander, What the Night Is For.
- Measurements: 34C-25-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Younger brother suffers from neurofibromatosis and she has done work to encourage government to increase funding for reasearch.
- Hair is naturally blonde, it was dyed and styled into the famous bob by 'Malcolm Marsden' (qv), who was immortalised as the British MP in the episode "Fire".
- As a teen, her favorite bands included Skinny Puppy and Dead Kennedys.