Aug. 22nd, 1970
Giada De Laurentiis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Giada De Laurentiis was born on August 22, 1970 in Rome, Lazio, Italy as Giada Pamela De Benedetti. She is an actress and producer, known for Giada at Home (2008), Everyday Italian (2004) and The Next Food Network Star (2005). She has been married to Todd Thompson since May 25, 2003. They have one child.
- Before having her own television show on the Food Network, Giada worked for 'Wolfgang Puck' (qv) and as a food magazine stylist for magazines like "Food & Wine".
- She holds a degree in social anthropology from UCLA (1996)
- Grew up in Beverly Hills.
- Sister of 'Dino De Laurentiis (II)' (qv), 'Eloisa De Laurentiis' (qv) and 'Igor De Laurentiis' (qv).
- Her husband, Todd Thompson, is a clothing designer for Anthropologie.
- De Laurentiis studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris before becoming a professional chef.
- She was given a small role in one of her aunt's films and despised being in front of the camera. She doesn't even enjoy having pictures taken of her. She tried her best to stay away from the entertainment industry.
- Announced on _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) that she and her husband are expecting a baby in April 2008 (November 2007).