Aug. 22nd, 1970
Giada De Laurentiis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Giada De Laurentiis was born on August 22, 1970 in Rome, Lazio, Italy as Giada Pamela De Benedetti. She is an actress and producer, known for Giada at Home (2008), Everyday Italian (2004) and The Next Food Network Star (2005). She has been married to Todd Thompson since May 25, 2003. They have one child.
- Grew up in Beverly Hills.
- Niece of 'Raffaella De Laurentiis' (qv), 'Federico De Laurentiis' (qv), 'Francesca DeLaurentiis' (qv).
- Her husband, Todd Thompson, is a clothing designer for Anthropologie.
- Before having her own television show on the Food Network, Giada worked for 'Wolfgang Puck' (qv) and as a food magazine stylist for magazines like "Food & Wine".
- Sister of 'Dino De Laurentiis (II)' (qv), 'Eloisa De Laurentiis' (qv) and 'Igor De Laurentiis' (qv).
- Was discouraged by her parents from attending culinary school after high school graduation. Thus, graduated from UCLA and then studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.
- Announced on _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) that she and her husband are expecting a baby in April 2008 (November 2007).
- She holds a degree in social anthropology from UCLA (1996)