Jul. 31st, 1944
Santa Monica, California, USA
Geraldine Chaplin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Wolfman
2009 - Imago mortis
2008 - Diario de una ninfómana
2008 - Inconceivable
2005 - Melissa P.
2002 - En la ciudad sin límites
1996 - Jane Eyre
1995 - Home for the Holidays
1993 - The Age of Innocence
1992 - Chaplin
1989 - I Want to Go Home
1989 - The Return of the Musketeers
1988 - The Moderns
1980 - The Mirror Crack'd
1976 - Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson
1975 - Nashville
1973 - The Three Musketeers
1967 - A Countess from Hong Kong
1965 - Doctor Zhivago
1952 - Limelight
Guest TV Roles
Geraldine Chaplin attended the Royal Ballet Academy in London. She was discovered by David Lean (I) when she was dancing in Paris, which is what led to her role in Doctor Zhivago (1965). She has two children, Shane and Oona.
- Sister of 'Christopher Chaplin (I)' (qv), Eugene Chaplin, 'Michael Chaplin (I)' (qv), 'Josephine Chaplin' (qv), and 'Victoria Chaplin' (qv).
- Great-granddaughter of 'James O'Neill (I)' (qv).
- Sings the duet "Les aimants" written by Chet and composed by 'Jérôme Rebotier' (qv) on Chet's album "L'amour à la Française".
- Daughter of 'Charles Chaplin' (qv) and 'Oona Chaplin (I)' (qv).
- Aunt of 'Kiera Chaplin' (qv), 'Carmen Chaplin' (qv), 'Dolores Chaplin' (qv) and 'James Thierree'.
- Half-sister of 'Sydney Chaplin' (qv) and 'Charles Chaplin Jr.' (qv)
- Portrayed her own grandmother in _Chaplin (1992)_ (qv)
- While filming her nude scened in _Welcome to L.A. (1976)_ (qv), one of the first experiments with digital photography involved positioning Chaplin's head on the body of a former Penthouse Pet. This became necessary to avoid embarrassing her father ('Charles Chaplin' (qv)) prior to his death. Although she was anxious to perform in the nude, director 'Alan Rudolph' (qv) feared the loss of financing if Lion's Gate Films and producer 'Robert Altman (I)' (qv) fell into disfavor with the World Famous Film Icon. Ultimately, 'Geraldine Chaplin' (qv) performed the scene in a nude body stocking and it took almost an entire month, using antiquated production equipment, to digitally transfer the nude body to the head of Chaplin. In turn, this put the production way over budget and as a result, 'John Wayne (I)' (qv) was replaced by 'Denver Pyle' (qv) as the father of 'Keith Carradine' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb