Jul. 9th, 1995
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England, UK
Georgie Henley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Georgina Helen "Georgie" Henley (born July 9, 1995) is an English teenage actress.
Henley was born to Helen and Mike Henley in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, where she attended Moorfield School for Girls before attending Bradford Grammar School (BGS) for secondary school. She has two older sisters, Rachael and Laura. Rachael played the older version of Lucy Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
Henley made her debut as Lucy Pevensie in 2005 film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, based on the C.S. Lewis novel The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. For which she won the Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Performance by a Youth Female in a Lead or Supporting Role and the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature, at only ten years of age.
Henley reprised her role of Lucy Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, 2008 sequel The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and 2010 sequel The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Since the release of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Henley has appeared as Jane in the stage play Babes in the Wood put on by Upstagers' Theater Group, which ran from January 27 to February 4, 2006. She starred as Scaramouche in Bradford Grammar School's production of We Will Rock You, which ran from March 13 to March 16, 2013. She also appeared as the young Jane Eyre in the 2006 BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre.
In 2011 Henley got the role as Beth in the upcoming crime-drama Perfect Sisters a film that is based on the book about two Canadian teenaged sisters who killed their mother. The film is scheduled for release in 2014.
In 2012, Henley also got the role of lead character Mary Warren in the upcoming drama Sisterhood of the Night. The film is based on the Salem Witch trials.
Henley is currently living in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, where she was a member of the Ilkley Upstagers' Theatre Group, and has just finished her education at Bradford Grammar School. She currently attends Clare College, of Cambridge University, studying English. She is a supporter of SOS Children's Villages, an international orphan charity providing homes and mothers for orphaned and abandoned children.
- She was brought up in Ilkley, West Yorkshire
- Attends Bradford Grammar School, West Yorkshire and is also a part of the Ilkley Upstagers' Theatre Group.
- Has two older sisters, 'Rachael Henley' (qv) and Laura Henley.
- Since the release of _The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)_ (qv), Georgie has appeared in the stage version of Babes In The Wood with her local theater group, which ran from 27th January to 4th February 2006.
- Parents are Helen and Mike Henley.
- Whilst filming The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), she was thrown a party to celebrate her 9th birthday (July 2004).
- Kept a tape-recorded journal recording her experiences during the filming of _The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)_ (qv). Some of this was later published in a book about the making of the film.
- As a thank you gift for being in his movie, Andrew Adamson gave each of the children an iPod. When Georgie got hers she thanked him whole-heartedly, but once he was out of earshot she turned to her mother and said, "What is it?"