May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Received the first "Spirit of Independence Award" of the Los Angeles Film Festival and Find Independent (FIND). [June, 2005]
- Dated 'Céline Balitran' (qv) from 1996 to 1999.
- Second cousin of 'Gabi Ferrer' (qv).
- Merited a place in Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World" (Artists & Entertainers section) with a tribute written by 'Roseanne' (qv) (Issue May 12, 2008).
- Dated 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) and 'Mariella Frostrup' (qv).
- Best man at the wedding of 'Richard Kind' (qv).
- He loves beer. He does voiceovers for Budweiser TV commercials and allegedly had a beer keg installed in his dressing room during filming of _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv).
- Was once the son-in-law of 'Martin Balsam' (qv) and 'Joyce Van Patten' (qv) while he was married to 'Talia Balsam' (qv).