May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Broke up with 'Sarah Larson (IV)' (qv) [June, 2008].
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $25 million.
- He was talk-show host 'Rosie O'Donnell' (qv)'s very first guest when her TV show debuted.
- He and his _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv) and _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) co-stars, 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv), 'Brad Pitt' (qv) and 'Elliott Gould' (qv), and 'Bruce Willis' (qv) who did a cameo in Ocean's Twelve as himself, all have guest-starred on the TV show _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), though not in the same episodes.
- Ranked #16 on VH1's "100 Hottest Hotties."
- Was considered for the part of Reed Richards in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv).
- Was the second man, after 'Richard Gere' (qv), to make an appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- Born 2:48 AM, EST.