May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- At 43, he was voted sexiest male celebrity in a 'Naughty Forties' poll conducted for UK television station FX.
- He loves beer. He does voiceovers for Budweiser TV commercials and allegedly had a beer keg installed in his dressing room during filming of _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv).
- Sought the role of Jack in _Sideways (2004)_ (qv). However, the film's director, 'Alexander Payne (I)' (qv), felt that he was too big a star, and turned him down in favor of 'Thomas Haden Church' (qv).
- Is the sixth actor to play Batman.
- No. 3 of 10 Top Sexiest Men in People magazine. (2003)
- Committed to _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv) before even reading a script.
- Second cousin of 'Gabi Ferrer' (qv).