May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Close friends with actress 'Julia Roberts' and actor 'Brad Pitt'.
- Heads his own film and television production company, Maysville Pictures.
- He auditioned for the role of Mr. Blonde/Vic Vega in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv), but was turned down.
- Best friend is 'Richard Kind' (qv).
- Best man at the wedding of 'Richard Kind' (qv).
- 2001: Voted Most Eligible Bachelor by People Magazine.
- Ranked #21 on Premiere's 2006 "Power 50" list. Had ranked #43 in 2005.
- Cousin is actor 'Miguel Ferrer' (qv), 'Rafael Ferrer' (qv) and 'Debby Boone' (qv).