May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Rode a bicycle to get to auditions as a struggling actor.
- As of 2006, he is the only regular cast member from _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) to win an Oscar (for Best Supporting Actor in _Syriana (2005)_ (qv)).
- Has stated in several interviews that he has suffered from bleeding stomach ulcers and is still on medication for stomach pain to this day.
- Heads his own film and television production company, Maysville Pictures.
- Broke up with 'Sarah Larson (IV)' (qv) [June, 2008].
- Dated 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) and 'Mariella Frostrup' (qv).
- Son of actor and AMC host 'Nick Clooney' (qv) and Nina Warren Clooney.
- Shared an L.A. home with 'Kelly Preston' (qv) when both were struggling actors.