May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Is a Dallas Mavericks fan.
- Although he grew up working in tobacco fields, Clooney disliked the smell and never took up smoking. His parents were non-smokers, although many of his aunts and uncles did.
- Is frequently cast as a soldier, as seen in _The Thin Red Line (1998)_ (qv), _The Peacemaker (1997)_ (qv), _Three Kings (1999)_ (qv), and _The Good German (2006)_ (qv).
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- Lives at Lago di Como in Italy.
- Boyfriend of 'Elisabetta Canalis' (qv) [July 28, 2009].
- (March 2004) His relationship with 'Krista Allen' (qv), whom he met on the set of _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv), ended after 2 years.
- Born 2:48 AM, EST.