May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Ranked #27 on Premiere's 2002 Power 100 List.
- His voice was dubbed for the singing moments in _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv).
- 2001: Voted Most Eligible Bachelor by People Magazine.
- (August 2006) He and his producing partner 'Steven Soderbergh' (qv) have decided to close down their Section Eight production company after six years of working partnership.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $25 million.
- Dated 'CÚline Balitran' (qv) from 1996 to 1999.
- (October 2005) After an accident on the set of his movie _Syriana (2005)_ (qv), he suffered from back pain, bad headaches, and memory loss. After several spine surgeries, he fully recovered and is fine now.
- Is the first (and only) actor who played Batman (in _Batman & Robin (1997)_ (qv) to win an Oscar (for Best Supporting Actor in _Syriana (2005)_ (qv)).