May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- His palatial villa overlooking Italy's Lake Como comprises 15 rooms, a wine cellar, and a master bedroom suite atop three floors. In his garage Clooney keeps his collection of Piaggio motorbikes. Docked at his pier is a Colombo classic powerboat.
- Committed to _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv) before even reading a script.
- Studied acting at The Beverly Hills Playhouse.
- Uncle is the late actor 'JosÚ Ferrer (I)' (qv).
- Son of actor and AMC host 'Nick Clooney' (qv) and Nina Warren Clooney.
- (2008) Personal favorite movies from his filmography include: _Out of Sight (1998)_ (qv), _Three Kings (1999)_ (qv), _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv), _Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005)_ (qv), etc.
- Owns a villa in Laglio at Lake Como, Italy, where he lives several months of the year.
- (1997) Was voted "Best Dressed Male Television Star."