May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Son of actor and AMC host 'Nick Clooney' (qv) and Nina Warren Clooney.
- Suffered from Bell's palsy for a time while he was in high school.
- (1997) Was voted "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine.
- Was considered for the part of Reed Richards in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv).
- Owned a pet pig named Max, given to him by 'Kelly Preston' (qv), for eighteen years. Max died on December 1, 2006.
- Was once the son-in-law of 'Martin Balsam' (qv) and 'Joyce Van Patten' (qv) while he was married to 'Talia Balsam' (qv).
- Merited a place in Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World" (Artists & Entertainers section) with a tribute written by 'Roseanne' (qv) (Issue May 12, 2008).
- Best man at the wedding of 'Richard Kind' (qv).