May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Reportedly got into a fistfight with _Three Kings (1999)_ (qv) director 'David O. Russell' (qv) on the set. Russell had yelled and derided a few extras out of frustration and Clooney didn't appreciate it. Russell has since said, "I wouldn't make another George Clooney movie if they paid me $20 million."
- Is the sixth actor to play Batman.
- Good friends with actor 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).
- 2001: Voted Most Eligible Bachelor by People Magazine.
- (2006) People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive".
- Owns a villa in Laglio at Lake Como, Italy, where he lives several months of the year.
- Turned down two roles which went to 'Kevin Kline (I)' (qv): "Artemus Gordon" in _Wild Wild West (1999)_ (qv) and "Guy Noir" in _A Prairie Home Companion (2006)_ (qv).
- Lives at Lago di Como in Italy.