May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Dated 'CÚline Balitran' (qv) from 1996 to 1999.
- Turned down two roles which went to 'Kevin Kline (I)' (qv): "Artemus Gordon" in _Wild Wild West (1999)_ (qv) and "Guy Noir" in _A Prairie Home Companion (2006)_ (qv).
- Rode a bicycle to get to auditions as a struggling actor.
- Is the sixth actor to play Batman.
- Waged war against the paparazzi by boycotting _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv), the sister show of _"Hard Copy" (1989)_ (qv), which had filmed Clooney without his permission.
- Played a gangster in seven movies: _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)_ (qv), _Out of Sight (1998)_ (qv), _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv), _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv), _Welcome to Collinwood (2002)_ (qv), _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv), and _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv).
- Although he grew up working in tobacco fields, Clooney disliked the smell and never took up smoking. His parents were non-smokers, although many of his aunts and uncles did.
- Owns a villa in Laglio at Lake Como, Italy, where he lives several months of the year.