May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Was once the son-in-law of 'Martin Balsam' (qv) and 'Joyce Van Patten' (qv) while he was married to 'Talia Balsam' (qv).
- (1996) Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World."
- Was a pallbearer at the funeral of his late aunt, 'Rosemary Clooney' (qv).
- Dated 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) and 'Mariella Frostrup' (qv).
- Nephew of singer/actress 'Rosemary Clooney' (qv) and 'Betty Clooney' (qv).
- 2001: Voted Most Eligible Bachelor by People Magazine.
- Friend of 'Rande Gerber' (qv).
- Waged war against the paparazzi by boycotting _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv), the sister show of _"Hard Copy" (1989)_ (qv), which had filmed Clooney without his permission.