May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Auditioned five times for 'Ridley Scott' (qv) for the role of J.D. in _Thelma & Louise (1991)_ (qv), a role that ultimately went to future friend 'Brad Pitt' (qv) and catapulted Pitt to super-stardom.
- Broke up with girlfriend 'Krista Allen' (qv) (2004).
- Is of Irish-American descent.
- Was once the son-in-law of 'Martin Balsam' (qv) and 'Joyce Van Patten' (qv) while he was married to 'Talia Balsam' (qv).
- Best man at the wedding of 'Richard Kind' (qv).
- In December 2006, he traveled to China and Egypt to make a personal plea to Chinese and Egyptian officials to use their ties with the Sudanese government to help stop the violence in the Darfur region.
- Owned a pet pig named Max, given to him by 'Kelly Preston' (qv), for eighteen years. Max died on December 1, 2006.
- Cousin is actor 'Miguel Ferrer' (qv), 'Rafael Ferrer' (qv) and 'Debby Boone' (qv).