May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Himself - Guest
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Appears on the cover of the first Men's Vogue. (2005)
- 2007 - Ranked #13 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Quit the WGA in April 2008 after the union turned down his wish to be credited as a co-writer for _Leatherheads (2008)_ (qv). He felt that he was let down by the union.
- Waged war against the paparazzi by boycotting _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv), the sister show of _"Hard Copy" (1989)_ (qv), which had filmed Clooney without his permission.
- Ranked #21 on Premiere's 2006 "Power 50" list. Had ranked #43 in 2005.
- He loves the show _"South Park" (1997)_ (qv). He got a hold of 'Trey Parker (I)' (qv), the creator of the series, and asked for a part in an episode. He was given the role of "Sparky," the gay dog.
- (October 2005) After an accident on the set of his movie _Syriana (2005)_ (qv), he suffered from back pain, bad headaches, and memory loss. After several spine surgeries, he fully recovered and is fine now.
- Close friends with actress 'Julia Roberts' and actor 'Brad Pitt'.