May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Although he grew up working in tobacco fields, Clooney disliked the smell and never took up smoking. His parents were non-smokers, although many of his aunts and uncles did.
- Second cousin of 'Gabi Ferrer' (qv).
- Boyfriend of 'Elisabetta Canalis' (qv) [July 28, 2009].
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- Was the second man, after 'Richard Gere' (qv), to make an appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- 2001: Voted Most Eligible Bachelor by People Magazine.
- Dated 'Renée Zellweger' (qv) and 'Mariella Frostrup' (qv).
- (1996) Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World."