May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Guest TV Roles
Detective James Falconer
Dr. Michael Mitchell
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen (I), stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Was the second man, after 'Richard Gere' (qv), to make an appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- Appears on the cover of the first Men's Vogue. (2005)
- Broke up with girlfriend 'Krista Allen' (qv) (2004).
- His _The Peacemaker (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) presented him his Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2006.
- As of 2006, he is the only regular cast member from _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) to win an Oscar (for Best Supporting Actor in _Syriana (2005)_ (qv)).
- Best man at the wedding of 'Richard Kind' (qv).
- Was a pallbearer at the funeral of his late aunt, 'Rosemary Clooney' (qv).
- Ranked #21 on Premiere's 2006 "Power 50" list. Had ranked #43 in 2005.