May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- In winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for _Syriana (2005)_ (qv), he becomes the second generation of his family to win an Oscar. His uncle, 'JosÚ Ferrer (I)' (qv), won a Best Actor Oscar for playing in _Cyrano de Bergerac (1950)_ (qv).
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- (2006) People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive".
- On the DVD commentary for _Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005)_ (qv), George Clooney says that shortly after he met 'Grant Heslov' (qv) in 1982, Heslov loaned Clooney $200.00 to buy his first set of headshots, and they have been friends ever since (and later writing and producing partners).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $25 million.
- Heads his own film and television production company, Maysville Pictures.
- No. 3 of 10 Top Sexiest Men in People magazine. (2003)
- Uncle is the late actor 'JosÚ Ferrer (I)' (qv).