May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- (March 2004) His relationship with 'Krista Allen' (qv), whom he met on the set of _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv), ended after 2 years.
- Appears on the cover of the first Men's Vogue. (2005)
- He says he will never get married again, nor have any children, but 'Michelle Pfeiffer' (qv) and 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) both bet $10,000 each that he would be a father before he turned 40. They were both wrong, and each sent him a check. He returned the money, betting double or nothing that he won't have kids by age 50.
- Auditioned five times for 'Ridley Scott' (qv) for the role of J.D. in _Thelma & Louise (1991)_ (qv), a role that ultimately went to future friend 'Brad Pitt' (qv) and catapulted Pitt to super-stardom.
- On the DVD commentary for _Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005)_ (qv), George Clooney says that shortly after he met 'Grant Heslov' (qv) in 1982, Heslov loaned Clooney $200.00 to buy his first set of headshots, and they have been friends ever since (and later writing and producing partners).
- (2006) People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive".
- Boyfriend of 'Elisabetta Canalis' (qv) [July 28, 2009].
- Is a Dallas Mavericks fan.