May. 26th, 1962
Englewood, New Jersey, USA
Genie Francis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Thunderbirds
2004 - Teacher's Pet
2004 - Teacher's Pet
1994 - Camp Nowhere
Guest TV Roles
Patricia 'Tyger' Hayes
The attractive, blonde Ms. Francis got her start in television on "General Hospital" (1963) as a teenager (following a guest appearance on ABC's prime-time series, "Family" (1976) and literally grew up in the enormously popular role of Laura. As portrayed by Genie Francis, Laura has become one of the most beloved characters in daytime television. In 1981, after five years on "General Hospital" (1963), Ms. Francis left the show, and returned briefly two years later and again in 1984 and finally on October 29, 1993. The wedding of Laura to Luke Spencer (played by Anthony Geary) in November 1981, remains the most-watched daytime drama event in the history of television. The fictional couple's romance even garnered a cover story in Newsweek magazine. Genie's extensive television work also included recurring appearances on "Murder, She Wrote" (1984). Ms. Francis created the role of Ceara Connor on ABC's daytime drama, "All My Children" (1970) in 1990. Her portrayal of an adult incest survivor earned her critical and viewer plaudits. On the stage, she has appeared in "Crimes of the Heart" and "See How They Run". In 1991, Ms. Francis appeared in the Williamstown Festival Theater Production of "Defying Gravity". That same year, Genie made her New York City debut in "The Baby Dance" at the Lucille Lortel Theatre in Greenwich Village. She also appeared in a Comedic Curtain Raiser at Manhattan Class Company for their festival of One Acts, called "The Group". Genie is married to actor/director Jonathan Frakes, who starred in the popular syndicated television series, "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987). They maintain residences in both Los Angeles and Manhattan. Their first child, Jameson Ivor Frakes, was born August 20, 1994.
- Daughter of actor 'Ivor Francis' (qv).
- Godmother of son Jameson is 'Elizabeth Berman' (qv) (wife of 'Rick Berman' (qv)- Star Trek producer/writer/creator).
- Was on the cover of Newsweek with 'Anthony Geary' (qv) in 1981.
- Her first on-screen kiss was her first kiss in real life, on _"General Hospital" (1963)_, to 'Kin Shriner' (qv).
- Runs a cottage furnishings and home accessories store called "The Cherished Home" in Belfast, Maine.
- Has an older half-sister Shelley, an older brother Ivor, and a younger brother Kenny.
- Used to keep a picture of Mr. Spock from Star Trek on her refrigerator. Her husband Jonathan Frakes said when he picked her up at her home, he saw it when he was in her kitchen. He later went on to star in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Admitted in an interview that she had been addicted to heavy drugs during the early 1980s (2001).