Jan. 8th, 1981
San Francisco, California, USA
Genevieve Padalecki's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Genevieve Nicole Cortese-Padalecki (born January 8, 1981) is an American actress known for her breakout role on the television series Wildfire as Kris Furillo. She is also known for her recurring role in Supernatural as Ruby.
Padalecki was born in San Francisco, California and grew up in Sun Valley, Idaho. Before making her television debut as Kris Furillo, Genevieve was known as a stage actress. She has performed in regional productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Crimes of the Heart, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
A graduate of The Community School in Sun Valley, she holds a BFA degree in drama and a B.A. in English from the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University. She has three younger siblings; one sister and two brothers.
Genevieve married actor Jared Padalecki on February 27, 2010 in Sun Valley, Idaho. On October 10, 2011, the couple announced they were expecting their first child. On March 19, 2012, Genevieve gave birth to a son, Thomas Colton Padalecki. On July 21, 2013, via Jared's Twitter, it was confirmed that the couple are expecting their second child.
- Some of her favorite bands include 'The Kooks' (qv), 'The Kinks' (qv), 'Shiny Toy Guns' (qv) and 'Interpol' (qv).
- Her favorite books are "Lolita" and "The Sound and the Fury".
- Her interests include acting, snowboarding, surfing, soccer, running and reading.
- Has one sister, two brothers.
- She received a BFA in Drama and BA in English at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts where she attended the Stella Adler Acting Studio and Atlantic Theater Co.
- Genevieve grew up outside San Francisco until she was 13 when her parents decided to move to the ski town, Whitefish, Montana. After a year, her family went on a road trip looking at different ski towns and ended up in Sun Valley, Idaho, where Genevieve considers home.
- Gen's favorite TV shows are _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) and _"Reno 911!" (2003)_ (qv) and her favorite movies include _The Breakfast Club (1985)_ (qv), _Napoleon Dynamite (2004)_ (qv), _To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)_ (qv), _North Shore (1987)_ (qv), and _The Great Escape (1963)_ (qv).
- Likes to travel and spend time with her friends and family, but dislikes driving, running errands, clean, and when people talk on their cell phones in public.