Feb. 8th, 1968
Zion, Illinois, USA
Gary Coleman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Midgets Vs. Mascots
2008 - An American Carol
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
1998 - Dirty Work
1982 - Jimmy the Kid
Guest TV Roles
Gary Coleman (Voiced)
- Had his first kidney transplant in 1973. His second in 1984.
- Briefly owned a video game arcade in Fisherman's Village near Santa Monica, California.
- He sued his parents over misappropriation of his trust fund. At the peak of his career, he made $70K per episode, a total of around $18 million in earnings! Coleman's parents set up a trust fund for his money, yet structured the arrangement to name themselves as paid employees of Coleman's production company. When the court finally dissolved the trust, the parents' share was worth $770,000, while Coleman himself had only $220,000. Coleman then successfully sued his parents and managers for $3.8 million.
- 2005: Ranked #10 in E's cutest child stars all grown-up.
- Discovered by a talent scout for 'Norman Lear' (qv), who signed him for a part in a TV revival of "The Little Rascals," which never got produced.
- Appeared on _"Geraldo" (1987)_ (qv) in early 1993 and announced he had tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills twice.
- Ranked #1 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Has been portrayed by 'Dave Chappelle' (qv).