Feb. 8th, 1968
Zion, Illinois, USA
Gary Coleman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has been portrayed by 'Dave Chappelle' (qv).
- Discovered by a talent scout for 'Norman Lear' (qv), who signed him for a part in a TV revival of "The Little Rascals," which never got produced.
- As of August 2003, is a candidate for governor of California in the recall election scheduled for October 2003. Has proposed a universal health insurance system based on a $30 flat monthly fee. The required $3500 filing fee was paid by an alternative newspaper in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Works as a security guard.
- (2 November 2000) Appearing on TV court in front of 'Mills Lane (I)' (qv), Gary was ordered to pay bus driver Tracy Fields $1665 for hospital bills resulting from a fight stemming from an attempt to get an autograph in a Hawthorne, California mall. Gary said he felt threatened by her insistence and punched her in the head.
- Appeared on _"Geraldo" (1987)_ (qv) in early 1993 and announced he had tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills twice.
- Ranked #1 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- 2007: Being portrayed as a character in the new Broadway musical "Avenue Q". The role is being played by on Broadway actress/singer 'Haneefah Wood' (qv) and in London's West End by actor/singer Giles Terera.