Feb. 8th, 1968
Zion, Illinois, USA
Gary Coleman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Midgets Vs. Mascots
2008 - An American Carol
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
1998 - Dirty Work
1982 - Jimmy the Kid
Guest TV Roles
Gary Coleman (Voiced)
- Appeared on _"Geraldo" (1987)_ (qv) in early 1993 and announced he had tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills twice.
- Briefly owned a video game arcade in Fisherman's Village near Santa Monica, California.
- Finished eighth among the replacement candidates in the election to recall California Governor 'Gray Davis' (qv). He received more votes than fellow celebrity candidates 'Mary Carey' (qv), 'Gallagher' (qv), and 'Angelyne' (qv).
- Works as a security guard.
- As of August 2003, is a candidate for governor of California in the recall election scheduled for October 2003. Has proposed a universal health insurance system based on a $30 flat monthly fee. The required $3500 filing fee was paid by an alternative newspaper in the San Francisco Bay area.
- 2005: Ranked #10 in E's cutest child stars all grown-up.
- Ranked #1 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- He sued his parents over misappropriation of his trust fund. At the peak of his career, he made $70K per episode, a total of around $18 million in earnings! Coleman's parents set up a trust fund for his money, yet structured the arrangement to name themselves as paid employees of Coleman's production company. When the court finally dissolved the trust, the parents' share was worth $770,000, while Coleman himself had only $220,000. Coleman then successfully sued his parents and managers for $3.8 million.