Feb. 8th, 1968
Zion, Illinois, USA
Gary Coleman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Midgets Vs. Mascots
2008 - An American Carol
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
1998 - Dirty Work
1982 - Jimmy the Kid
Guest TV Roles
Gary Coleman (Voiced)
- He sued his parents over misappropriation of his trust fund. At the peak of his career, he made $70K per episode, a total of around $18 million in earnings! Coleman's parents set up a trust fund for his money, yet structured the arrangement to name themselves as paid employees of Coleman's production company. When the court finally dissolved the trust, the parents' share was worth $770,000, while Coleman himself had only $220,000. Coleman then successfully sued his parents and managers for $3.8 million.
- Discovered by a talent scout for 'Norman Lear' (qv), who signed him for a part in a TV revival of "The Little Rascals," which never got produced.
- Ranked #1 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Works as a security guard.
- Appeared on _"Geraldo" (1987)_ (qv) in early 1993 and announced he had tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills twice.
- May 2000: Announced that he is going to run for the US Senate seat from California against incumbent 'Dianne Feinstein' (qv) on the HECK (Homelessness, Education, Crime, and Killers) platform.
- (2 November 2000) Appearing on TV court in front of 'Mills Lane (I)' (qv), Gary was ordered to pay bus driver Tracy Fields $1665 for hospital bills resulting from a fight stemming from an attempt to get an autograph in a Hawthorne, California mall. Gary said he felt threatened by her insistence and punched her in the head.
- Finished eighth among the replacement candidates in the election to recall California Governor 'Gray Davis' (qv). He received more votes than fellow celebrity candidates 'Mary Carey' (qv), 'Gallagher' (qv), and 'Angelyne' (qv).