Feb. 8th, 1968
Zion, Illinois, USA
Gary Coleman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Midgets Vs. Mascots
2008 - An American Carol
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
1998 - Dirty Work
1982 - Jimmy the Kid
Guest TV Roles
Gary Coleman (Voiced)
- He sued his parents over misappropriation of his trust fund. At the peak of his career, he made $70K per episode, a total of around $18 million in earnings! Coleman's parents set up a trust fund for his money, yet structured the arrangement to name themselves as paid employees of Coleman's production company. When the court finally dissolved the trust, the parents' share was worth $770,000, while Coleman himself had only $220,000. Coleman then successfully sued his parents and managers for $3.8 million.
- 2007: Being portrayed as a character in the new Broadway musical "Avenue Q". The role is being played by on Broadway actress/singer 'Haneefah Wood' (qv) and in London's West End by actor/singer Giles Terera.
- May 2000: Announced that he is going to run for the US Senate seat from California against incumbent 'Dianne Feinstein' (qv) on the HECK (Homelessness, Education, Crime, and Killers) platform.
- As of August 2003, is a candidate for governor of California in the recall election scheduled for October 2003. Has proposed a universal health insurance system based on a $30 flat monthly fee. The required $3500 filing fee was paid by an alternative newspaper in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Finished eighth among the replacement candidates in the election to recall California Governor 'Gray Davis' (qv). He received more votes than fellow celebrity candidates 'Mary Carey' (qv), 'Gallagher' (qv), and 'Angelyne' (qv).
- 2005: Ranked #10 in E's cutest child stars all grown-up.
- Has been portrayed by 'Dave Chappelle' (qv).
- (2 November 2000) Appearing on TV court in front of 'Mills Lane (I)' (qv), Gary was ordered to pay bus driver Tracy Fields $1665 for hospital bills resulting from a fight stemming from an attempt to get an autograph in a Hawthorne, California mall. Gary said he felt threatened by her insistence and punched her in the head.