Jul. 10th, 1969
Decatur, Georgia, USA
Gale Harold's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Gale Harold (born July 10 ,1969) and raised around Atlanta, Georgia. Attended American University in Washington, D.C. on a soccer scholarship, eventually leaving to study Fine Arts at the San Francisco Art Institute. Susan Landau Finch, daughter of actor Martin Landau and producer for Francis Ford Coppola, convinced him to take acting lessons.
- Attended South West Dekalb High School and The Lovett School.
- Worked as a carpenter and motorcycle mechanic before being cast in _"Queer as Folk" (2000)_ (qv).
- Was raised in a Pentecostal household.
- Past influences were 'Jack London (I)' (qv), Gandalf & 'David Bowie (I)' (qv).
- Began acting at the age of 28.
- Calls the city of Toronto his home.
- Avid reader of The Nation magazine.
- In 2007, two years after Queer as Folk went off the air, Harold and Randy Harrison's characters Brian and Justin won an only poll sponsored by the website Gay.com to choose TV's "Favorite Gay Couple." They won in a landslide, with 35% of the on-line vote.