Jul. 10th, 1969
Decatur, Georgia, USA
6' 1 1/2"
Gale Harold's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Passenger Side
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Garrett Lang
Agent Graham Kelton
Gale Harold was born and raised around Atlanta, Georgia. Attended American University in Washington, D.C. on a soccer scholarship, eventually leaving to study Fine Arts at the San Francisco Art Institute. Susan Landau Finch, daughter of actor Martin Landau and producer for Francis Ford Coppola, convinced him to take acting lessons.
- Worked as a carpenter and motorcycle mechanic before being cast in _"Queer as Folk" (2000)_ (qv).
- Attended South West Dekalb High School and The Lovett School.
- Calls the city of Toronto his home.
- Was raised in a Pentecostal household.
- Has an older sister and a younger brother.
- Avid reader of The Nation magazine.
- Past influences were 'Jack London (I)' (qv), Gandalf & 'David Bowie (I)' (qv).
- In 2007, two years after Queer as Folk went off the air, Harold and Randy Harrison's characters Brian and Justin won an only poll sponsored by the website Gay.com to choose TV's "Favorite Gay Couple." They won in a landslide, with 35% of the on-line vote.