Sep. 30th, 1957
Flushing, New York, USA
Fran Drescher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Shark Bait
2005 - Santa's Slay
2000 - Picking Up the Pieces
1996 - Jack
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1990 - Cadillac Man
1989 - UHF
1984 - This Is Spinal Tap
1983 - Doctor Detroit
1981 - Ragtime
1980 - The Hollywood Knights
1980 - Gorp
1978 - American Hot Wax
1977 - Saturday Night Fever
Guest TV Roles
Female Golem (Voiced)
Francine Joy Drescher was born on September 30th, 1957 in Flushing, Queens, New York to Mort Drescher and Sylvia Drescher. Fran, as she is called, attended Hillcrest High school in New York with another now-famous name, Ray Romano (I). She was a studious girl and was quite popular. In fact, at age fifteen, she'd met the man she thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. That man was Peter Marc Jacobson. Her first break was in the unforgettable movie, Saturday Night Fever (1977) with John Travolta. She continued to play small roles in movies, until she came up with the idea for "The Nanny" (1993). She was visiting a friend in England and came up with the plot line. "The Nanny" (1993) became an instant success, and so did Fran. Since then, she has been in films such as The Beautician and the Beast (1997) (which she also produced) and Picking Up the Pieces (2000) co-starring Woody Allen. Fran has since divorced her husband Jacobson. She is a cancer survivor and an inspiration to women everywhere.
- Is a rape survivor. She along with her then-husband, 'Peter Marc Jacobson' (qv), and a friend were attacked in her home during a home invasion many years ago.
- Went to Hillcrest High School in Queens, New York with 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv).
- The 1960s model 'Twiggy (I)' (qv) is a friend of her's and it was her interaction with Twiggy's children that was used as the basis for _"The Nanny" (1993)_ (qv).
- Graduated from CUNY Queens College in Flushing, New York.
- Was first runner up for "Miss New York Teenager" in 1973. In order to get an agent, she lied when calling up talent agencies and said she was the winner. It worked and an agent was found.
- Her father, 'Mort Drescher' (qv), has appeared on _"The Nanny" (1993)_ (qv) on more than one occasion.
- Is of Eastern European descent.
- Measurements: 34B-24-34 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)