Jul. 10th, 1958
County Cork, Ireland
Fiona Shaw's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
2009 - Dorian Gray
2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2007 - Fracture
2006 - The Black Dahlia
2004 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2002 - Doctor Sleep
2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2001 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
1998 - The Avengers
1996 - Jane Eyre
1995 - Persuasion
1993 - Super Mario Bros.
1993 - Undercover Blues
1990 - Mountains of the Moon
1990 - 3 Men and a Little Lady
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Attended secondary school at Scoil Mhuire in Cork City.
- Played "Miss Jean Brodie" on stage in London.
- She was awarded the 2001 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actress for her performance in Medea at the Queen's Theatre in London, England.
- Following an unhappy experience playing Kate in "The Taming of the Shrew" for 'Jonathan Miller (I)' (qv) (Miller would not extend himself to allow the inclusion of modern sexual politics), she has only occasionally worked with male directors. Her collaboration with 'Deborah Warner (I)' (qv) has produced a string of daring performances and an armful of theatre awards.
- Graduated from University College Cork.
- She was awarded the 1989 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actress for her performances in Electra and The Good Person of Sichuan.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2003 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for playing the title character in "Medea."
- She was awarded an honorary C.B.E. (Commander of the order of the British Empire) in 2001 for her services to drama.