Dec. 9th, 1962
Bedford, New York, USA
Felicity Huffman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Cake
2014 - Big Game
2014 - Rudderless
2008 - Phoebe in Wonderland
2007 - Georgia Rule
2005 - Transamerica
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2004 - Raising Helen
1999 - Magnolia
1995 - Hackers
1990 - Reversal of Fortune
1990 - Reversal of Fortune
1988 - Things Change
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Betty Director (Voiced)
Dr. Nancy Da Silva
Herself - Actress (segment "Felicity")
Felicity Kendall Huffman (born December 9, 1962) is an American film, stage, and television actress. She is known for her role as executive producer Dana Whitaker on the ABC comedy-drama Sports Night (1998–2000), which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination, and as hectic supermom Lynette Scavo on the long-running ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives (2004–2012), which has earned her an Emmy Award and three Screen Actors Guild Award.
In 2013, Huffman starred in the independent drama Rudderless, and in the adventure film Big Game opposite 'Samuel L. Jackson'. She also starred in another independent drama Stealing Cars, and was cast in the comedy film Zendog. In April 2014 she was cast in independent film Cake opposite Jennifer Aniston'.
In 2014, Huffman was cast as lead in the ABC anthology legal drama pilot American Crime created by John Ridley.
In 2005, her critically acclaimed role as a transgender woman in the independent film Transamerica earned her a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. She has also starred in such films as Reversal of Fortune, The Spanish Prisoner, Magnolia, Path to War, Georgia Rule and Phoebe in Wonderland.
Huffman married actor 'William H. Macy' (September 6, 1997). They have two daughters, Sophia Grace (b. August 1, 2000) and Georgia Grace (b. March 14, 2002). She has appeared on television, in movies, and on stage many times with her husband.
Huffman identifies as pro-choice, and has campaigned for women's rights on behalf of NARAL. In 2005, Huffman revealed that she had suffered from both anorexia and bulimia in her late teens and twenties.
Huffman is the co-author of the self-help book A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend. On March 1, 2012, Huffman launched What The Flicka, a website dedicated to women and mothers where she is a regular contributor.
Huffman and her husband Macy each received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 7, 2012.
- Revealed that she had suffered from bulimia and anorexia in her twenties, but finally managed to overcome those conditions due to a therapy and meeting 'William H. Macy' (qv) (2005).
- Has been with 'William H. Macy' (qv), her husband, for 15 years before their marriage in 1997.
- Graduated high school in 1981 from the prestigious Interlochen Arts Academy in Interlochen, Michigan, where she majored in theater.
- BFA in Drama - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1988).
- Her parents divorced when she was one year old.
- Grew up in Aspen, Colorado.
- Shares a birthday with _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Jesse Metcalfe' (qv).
- Auditioned for a role on _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv).