Dec. 9th, 1962
Bedford, New York, USA
Felicity Huffman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Phoebe in Wonderland
2007 - Georgia Rule
2005 - Transamerica
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2004 - Raising Helen
1999 - Magnolia
1995 - Hackers
1990 - Reversal of Fortune
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Betty Director (Voiced)
Dr. Nancy Da Silva
Herself - Actress (segment "Felicity")
Felicity Kendall Huffman (born December 9, 1962) is an American film, stage, and television actress. She is known for her role as executive producer Dana Whitaker on the ABC comedy-drama Sports Night (1998–2000), which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination, and as hectic supermom Lynette Scavo on the long-running ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives (2004–2012), which has earned her an Emmy Award and three Screen Actors Guild Award.
In 2005, her critically acclaimed role as a transgender woman in the independent film Transamerica earned her a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. She has also starred in such films as Reversal of Fortune, The Spanish Prisoner, Magnolia, Path to War, Georgia Rule and Phoebe in Wonderland.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.
- She and husband 'William H. Macy' (qv) both received Emmy nominations in 2005.
- Graduated high school in 1981 from the prestigious Interlochen Arts Academy in Interlochen, Michigan, where she majored in theater.
- On an episode of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv)'s "Wildest Dreams" segments, Huffman's dream came true when she got to sing backup to her idol 'Tina Turner' (qv) who was performing live for Oprah (Feb. 2005)
- Has one older brother, Moore.
- Revealed that she had suffered from bulimia and anorexia in her twenties, but finally managed to overcome those conditions due to a therapy and meeting 'William H. Macy' (qv) (2005).
- Grew up in Aspen, Colorado.
- Gave birth to her first child Sofia Grace on 1 August 2000..