Dec. 9th, 1962
Bedford, New York, USA
Felicity Huffman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Phoebe in Wonderland
2007 - Georgia Rule
2005 - Transamerica
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2004 - Raising Helen
1999 - Magnolia
1995 - Hackers
1990 - Reversal of Fortune
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Betty Director (Voiced)
Dr. Nancy Da Silva
Herself - Actress (segment "Felicity")
Felicity Kendall Huffman (born December 9, 1962) is an American film, stage, and television actress. She is known for her role as executive producer Dana Whitaker on the ABC comedy-drama Sports Night (1998–2000), which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination, and as hectic supermom Lynette Scavo on the long-running ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives (2004–2012), which has earned her an Emmy Award and three Screen Actors Guild Award.
In 2005, her critically acclaimed role as a transgender woman in the independent film Transamerica earned her a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. She has also starred in such films as Reversal of Fortune, The Spanish Prisoner, Magnolia, Path to War, Georgia Rule and Phoebe in Wonderland.
- She told 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv) that when she was born, her mother named her "Flicka", but had to change it because it wasn't a Christian name. She still uses "Flicka" as a nickname. The name "Flicka" comes from the book and movie _My Friend Flicka (1943)_ (qv), a childhood favorite. It means "girl" in Swedish.
- One of her idols is 'Tina Turner' (qv).
- Graduated high school in 1981 from the prestigious Interlochen Arts Academy in Interlochen, Michigan, where she majored in theater.
- She and husband 'William H. Macy' (qv) both received Emmy nominations in 2005.
- Has been with 'William H. Macy' (qv), her husband, for 15 years before their marriage in 1997.
- 'Jessica Alba' (qv) was one of her students at the Atlantic Theater Company.
- Met 'William H. Macy' (qv) when she was one of his students at the Atlantic Theater Company
- Has six older sisters named Mariah, Betsy, Jane, Grace, Jessie and Isabel and an older brother named Moore Jr..