62 (passed away Jun. 25th, 2009)
Feb. 2nd, 1947
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
5' 6 1/2
Farrah Fawcett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Good Hair
2004 - The Cookout
1997 - The Apostle
1995 - Man of the House
1986 - Extremities
1981 - The Cannonball Run
1980 - Saturn 3
1976 - Logan's Run
1970 - Myra Breckinridge
Guest TV Roles
Judge Claire Simmons
Major Kelly Wood
Blonde (Miss Preem)
Miss New Mexico
Farrah Fawcett, was a fresh-faced woman from Corpus Christi, Texas. In the early 1960s, she was voted the "Beautiful Woman" by her high school colleagues. In the late 1960s, she had her first break in guest-starring roles in shows such as "I Dream of Jeannie" (1965), "The Flying Nun" (1967) and "The Partridge Family" (1970). Then, in 1968, she dated actor Lee Majors (I), and the couple were married on July 28, 1973. Shortly after, Majors starred in his series "The Six Million Dollar Man" (1974) and Farrah guest-starred in four episodes. As her career took off, she posed in her red bathing suit for a poster, and it sold a staggering 8,000,000 plus copies.
After the poster was released, producers Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg (I) starred her in the Crime/Drama Megahit show "Charlie's Angels" (1976). Farrah received a paycheck for $10,000 an episode, and when it started to take off, Majors wanted her home by 6:30 pm to have dinner on the table. Farrah felt dissatisfied about the direction of the show. Then, in 1977, after the first season wrapped, she abruptly left the series. Shortly there after, the departure resulted in a lawsuit with the producers of the series. Finally, she agreed to return to the series in guest spots for six episodes: three in the 1978-79 season, and the other three in the 1979-80 season. In late 1979, Fawcett and Majors had separated, and, since there was no reconciliation in sight, they were divorced in 1980. Farrah dated 'Ryan O'Neal' from 1980-1997. Then, in 1998, Farrah was severely injured by James Orr (I), after she had spurned his proposal of marriage. In 2006, Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer After going through countless treatments, her health deteriorated rapidly, and she passed away on June 25, 2009, aged 62.
- 2/2/07: Officially declared cancer-free.
- 1985: Son with 'Ryan O'Neal' (qv): 'Redmond O'Neal' (qv).
- 2003: Inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame (by 'Dabney Coleman' (qv)) for her legendary status on screen and off.
- She has been battling cancer for three years and recently returned from Germany, where she had experimental stem-cell treatment.
- Filmed an episode of _"Chasing Farrah" (2005)_ (qv) at her parents' home in Houston.
- Hospitalized in a Los Angeles hospital in a critical condition [April 5, 2009].
- Was offered a cameo in the film version of _Charlie's Angels (2000)_ (qv). Negotiations fell through after Fawcett insisted on being cast as the voice of the new Charlie.
- 1/28/98: Her boyfriend, writer-director-producer 'James Orr (I)' (qv), was arrested for battery after attacking her for supposedly refusing his marriage proposal.