62 (passed away Jun. 25th, 2009)
Feb. 2nd, 1947
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
5' 6 1/2
Farrah Fawcett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Good Hair
2004 - The Cookout
1997 - The Apostle
1995 - Man of the House
1986 - Extremities
1981 - The Cannonball Run
1980 - Saturn 3
1976 - Logan's Run
1970 - Myra Breckinridge
Guest TV Roles
Judge Claire Simmons
Major Kelly Wood
Blonde (Miss Preem)
Miss New Mexico
Farrah Fawcett, was a fresh-faced woman from Corpus Christi, Texas. In the early 1960s, she was voted the "Beautiful Woman" by her high school colleagues. In the late 1960s, she had her first break in guest-starring roles in shows such as "I Dream of Jeannie" (1965), "The Flying Nun" (1967) and "The Partridge Family" (1970). Then, in 1968, she dated actor Lee Majors (I), and the couple were married on July 28, 1973. Shortly after, Majors starred in his series "The Six Million Dollar Man" (1974) and Farrah guest-starred in four episodes. As her career took off, she posed in her red bathing suit for a poster, and it sold a staggering 8,000,000 plus copies.
After the poster was released, producers Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg (I) starred her in the Crime/Drama Megahit show "Charlie's Angels" (1976). Farrah received a paycheck for $10,000 an episode, and when it started to take off, Majors wanted her home by 6:30 pm to have dinner on the table. Farrah felt dissatisfied about the direction of the show. Then, in 1977, after the first season wrapped, she abruptly left the series. Shortly there after, the departure resulted in a lawsuit with the producers of the series. Finally, she agreed to return to the series in guest spots for six episodes: three in the 1978-79 season, and the other three in the 1979-80 season. In late 1979, Fawcett and Majors had separated, and, since there was no reconciliation in sight, they were divorced in 1980. Farrah dated 'Ryan O'Neal' from 1980-1997. Then, in 1998, Farrah was severely injured by James Orr (I), after she had spurned his proposal of marriage. In 2006, Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer After going through countless treatments, her health deteriorated rapidly, and she passed away on June 25, 2009, aged 62.
- In the late 1970s she and her husband 'Lee Majors (I)' (qv) formed Fawcett-Majors Productions.
- 5/97: Actress 'Kristen Amber Citron' (qv) accused her of stealing $72,000 worth of clothing and nude pictures from the home of former boyfriend 'James Orr (I)' (qv).
- She attended 'Rodney Dangerfield' (qv)'s memorial at which she held a Native American butterfly release ceremony and is sculpting a bronze life-size statue of Rodney to be placed in Pierce Brothers Memorial Park.
- 1985: Son with 'Ryan O'Neal' (qv): 'Redmond O'Neal' (qv).
- 10/06: Revealed she is battling cancer of the intestine and is undergoing radiation treatment.
- She is actively involved in charity work with the Cancer Society, in addition to her work against domestic violence. During her ongoing advocacy for this cause, she has participated in events such as the Humanitarian Awards in Media, anti-domestic violence panel discussions produced by Show Coalition, and has served as a board member of the National Advisory Council for The National Domestic Violence Hot-line, the most effective and leading non-profit organization in America benefiting the victims of domestic violence.
- Younger sister of 'Diane Fawcett Walls' (qv) (who passed away on October 16, 2001).
- Earned $750,000 for _Silk Hope (1999) (TV)_ (qv).