Sep. 7th, 1987
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Evan Rachel Wood's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Whatever Works
2008 - The Wrestler
2007 - The Life Before Her Eyes
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - King of California
2006 - Running with Scissors
2006 - Shark Bait
2006 - Asterix and the Vikings
2005 - Pretty Persuasion
2005 - Down in the Valley
2005 - The Upside of Anger
2003 - Thirteen
2002 - S1m0ne
1998 - Digging to China
1998 - Practical Magic
Guest TV Roles
Minnie Mouse (Voiced)
Evan Rachel Wood (born September 7, 1987), in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father is Ira David Wood III, and her mother is Sara Wood. She has two older brothers: Dana Wood, a musician, and Ira David Wood IV. Evan and her brothers sometimes performed at Theatre In The Park in Raleigh, North Carolina, where her father is the executive director and founder of the theatre.
At the age of 5 Evan screen tested against 'Kirsten Dunst' for the lead role in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994) after a long auditioning process. She moved to Los Angeles with her mom and brother, Ira, in 1996 and has had success ever since, appearing in a TV series, TV-movies, and the big screen film, Practical Magic (1998). She starred in the comedy, S1m0ne (2002) as Al Pacino's daughter, followed by Thirteen (2003), with 'Holly Hunter'.
Wood's breakout role as Tracy in Thirteen (2003) garnered a Golden Globes nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture: Drama, and for a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role. At the time of this SAG nomination, Wood was the youngest actress to be nominated in the Leading Role category.
She received a Golden Globe and Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" for her portrayal of Veda Pierce in the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce (2011).
Wood also earned acclaim for her powerful performance as Stephanie, Mickey Rourke's estranged daughter in Darren Aronofsky's 2008 film, The Wrestler (2008).
- Mother is 'Sara Lynn Moore' (qv)
- Brother is 'Ira David Wood IV' (qv)
- Hates her middle name, Rachel, but kept it in her stage name so casting directors wouldn't confuse her gender.
- Wood says that her character in _Across the Universe (2007)_ (qv), whom she describes as an "old soul, street smart and ahead of her time", is close to her real-life personality. Wood also describes herself as being "laid back" and "not a party girl", citing her choice to stay away from what is considered a typical Hollywood lifestyle.
- Was ranked #7 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).
- Trained in dance. She loves to sing, swim, rollerblade and go horseback riding.
- Divides her time between Los Angeles and New York.
- Met her now ex boyfriend, 'Jamie Bell (I)' (qv), when they were filming 'Green Day''s music video for "Wake Me Up When September Ends", where they actually play a couple.