Sep. 7th, 1987
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Evan Rachel Wood's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Whatever Works
2008 - The Wrestler
2007 - The Life Before Her Eyes
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - King of California
2006 - Running with Scissors
2006 - Shark Bait
2006 - Asterix and the Vikings
2005 - Pretty Persuasion
2005 - Down in the Valley
2005 - The Upside of Anger
2003 - Thirteen
2002 - S1m0ne
1998 - Digging to China
1998 - Practical Magic
Guest TV Roles
Minnie Mouse (Voiced)
Evan Rachel Wood was born on September 7, 1987, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father is Ira David Wood III, and her mother is Sara Wood. She has two older brothers: Dana Wood, a musician, and Ira David Wood IV. Evan and her brothers sometimes performed at Theatre In The Park in Raleigh, North Carolina, where her father is the executive director and founder of the theatre.
At the age of 5 Evan screen tested against Kirsten Dunst for the lead role in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)after a long auditioning process. She moved to Los Angeles with her mom and brother, Ira, in 1996 and has had success ever since, appearing in a TV series, TV-movies, and the big screen film, Practical Magic (1998). She starred in the comedy, S1m0ne (2002) as Al Pacino's daughter, followed by Thirteen (2003), with Holly Hunter.
Evan Rachel Wood's breakout role as Tracy in Thirteen (2003) garnered a Golden Globes nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture: Drama, and for a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role. At the time of this SAG nomination, Evan Rachel Wood was the youngest actress to be nominated in the Leading Role category.
Evan Rachel Wood received a Golden Globe and Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie" for her portrayal of Veda Pierce in the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce (2011).
She also earned acclaim for her powerful performance as Stephanie, Mickey Rourke's estranged daughter in Darren Aronofsky's 2008 film, The Wrestler (2008).
- Real-life friends with 'Nikki Reed (I)' (qv).
- Hates her middle name, Rachel, but kept it in her stage name so casting directors wouldn't confuse her gender.
- Featured in the Miu Miu ad campaign, alongside 'Selma Blair' (qv) and 'Lou Doillon' (qv).
- Her favorite actress is 'Cate Blanchett' (qv).
- Has lost out on two roles to 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv): Claudia in _Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)_ (qv) and Claire in _Elizabethtown (2005)_ (qv).
- Parents divorced in 1997.
- Was originally set to play Terri in _Raise Your Voice (2004)_ (qv), but dropped out due to production changes. 'Hilary Duff' (qv) was then cast as her replacement.
- Enjoys singing.