Sep. 7th, 1987
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Evan Rachel Wood's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Whatever Works
2008 - The Wrestler
2007 - The Life Before Her Eyes
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - King of California
2006 - Running with Scissors
2006 - Shark Bait
2006 - Asterix and the Vikings
2005 - Pretty Persuasion
2005 - Down in the Valley
2005 - The Upside of Anger
2003 - Thirteen
2002 - S1m0ne
1998 - Digging to China
1998 - Practical Magic
Guest TV Roles
Minnie Mouse (Voiced)
Evan Rachel Wood was born on September 7, 1987, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father is Ira David Wood III, and her mother is Sara Lynn Moore. She has two older brothers: Dana, a musician, and Ira David Wood IV. Evan and her brothers sometimes performed at Theatre In The Park in Raleigh, North Carolina, where her father is the executive director and founder of the theatre.
At age 7, Evan lost out to Kirsten Dunst for the child lead in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994). She moved to Los Angeles with her mom and brother, Ira, in 1996 and has had success ever since, appearing in a TV series, TV-movies, and the big screen film Practical Magic (1998). She starred in the comedy S1m0ne (2002) as Al Pacino's daughter, followed by Thirteen (2003), with Holly Hunter.
- Has lost out on two roles to 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv): Claudia in _Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)_ (qv) and Claire in _Elizabethtown (2005)_ (qv).
- Is actually older than 'Brady Corbet' (qv), who played her older brother in _Thirteen (2003)_ (qv).
- Is of French and German descent.
- Has kept in touch with most of her _"Once and Again" (1999)_ (qv) castmates: 'Mischa Barton' (qv), 'Julia Whelan' (qv), and 'Shane West (I)' (qv).
- Sings two songs on the "School's Out" Christmas album (Christmas Isn't Christmas, and Silver and Gold)
- Her favorite actors are 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv) and 'Ewan McGregor' (qv).
- Attended junior high school in the San Fernando Valley but left because she disliked the social environment of high school. The actress was then home-schooled.
- Niece of 'Carol Winstead Wood' (qv).