Mar. 15th, 1975
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Eva Longoria's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of four sisters who grew up on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Texas, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), General Hospital (1963) and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of Isabella on the popular series, The Young and the Restless (1973). After Y&R, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives (2004) where she plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people.
- One of her cousins works at a post office in New Jersey.
- Named #13 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Contrary to popular belief, is not related to Tampa Bay Rays third baseman 'Evan Longoria' (qv). However, after the Rays won the 2008 American League Championship Series, she sent Evan a bottle of champagne and a note thanking him for doing such a great job holding up the family name.
- Ranked #1 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2006 list.
- In 2008 she became the new face for Magnum Icecream.
- Plans to open her own restaurant called Por Fin, meaning At Last, sometime between October and November of 2006.
- She has three older sisters: Elizabeth Judina, Emily Jeannette (formerly Mrs. David Brown, now Mrs. Dennis Blevins), and Esmeralda Josephina; and two nieces, Briella Megan Blevins and Bethany Mikaela Blevins.
- She was July on FHM magazine's 2005 pinup calendar (2005).