Mar. 15th, 1975
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Eva Longoria's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of four sisters who grew up on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Texas, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), General Hospital (1963) and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of Isabella on the popular series, The Young and the Restless (1973). After Y&R, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives (2004) where she plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people.
- Was among the guests at 'Marcia Cross' (qv)' wedding to Tom Mahoney
- (April 2006) Was the cover girl of the 100th edition of Maxim magazine.
- Close friend of 'Mario López (I)' (qv) since 1992. He escorted her mother down the aisle at Eva's wedding to 'Tony Parker (I)' (qv).
- Daughter of Enrique Longoria Jr. (born in Rachal, Brooks County, Texas) and Ella Eva Mireles, married in Falfurrias, Brooks County, Texas.
- Of the four leading actresses of _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), she is the only one not to receive an Emmy nomination for her performance on the show.
- Ranked #1 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Her surname, Longoria, comes from the old Asturian (Spanish) noble surname; de Longoria, from a branch settled on Nueva España, now Mexico, in the XVIIth century, becoming rich farmers.
- Her father was a hunter and she has been practicing shooting her entire life.