Mar. 15th, 1975
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Eva Longoria's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Lower Learning
2008 - Over Her Dead Body
2007 - The Heartbreak Kid
2006 - Harsh Times
2006 - The Sentinel
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of four sisters who grew up on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Texas, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on "The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987), "General Hospital" (1963) and co-starring on "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of "Isabella" on the popular series, "The Young and the Restless" (1973). After Y&R, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to "Desperate Housewives" (2004) where she plays adulteress "Gabrielle Solis". She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people.
- In 2008 she became the new face for Magnum Icecream.
- She is considered a fluent Spanish speaker, though when interviewed in English by Spanish TV, she wasn't able to answer fluently in Spanish.
- Ranked #4 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Was among the guests at 'Marcia Cross' (qv)' wedding to Tom Mahoney
- Her wedding dress for her civil ceremony was designed by 'Karl Lagerfeld' (qv).
- Of the four leading actresses of _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), she is the only one not to receive an Emmy nomination for her performance on the show.
- Her surname, Longoria, comes from the old Asturian (Spanish) noble surname; de Longoria, from a branch settled on Nueva Espaņa, now Mexico, in the XVIIth century, becoming rich farmers.
- Ranked #1 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.