Mar. 15th, 1975
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Eva Longoria's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of four sisters who grew up on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Texas, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), General Hospital (1963) and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of Isabella on the popular series, The Young and the Restless (1973). After Y&R, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives (2004) where she plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people.
- Spokesmodel for Hanes (2005)
- Her surname, Longoria, comes from the old Asturian (Spanish) noble surname; de Longoria, from a branch settled on Nueva España, now Mexico, in the XVIIth century, becoming rich farmers.
- Her father was a hunter and she has been practicing shooting her entire life.
- Was named one of the "50 mas bellos" (50 most beautiful people) by People en Español (2005).
- #3 on E!'s "50 Steamiest Southern Stars"
- Contrary to popular belief, is not related to Tampa Bay Rays third baseman 'Evan Longoria' (qv). However, after the Rays won the 2008 American League Championship Series, she sent Evan a bottle of champagne and a note thanking him for doing such a great job holding up the family name.
- (April 2006) Was on the cover of the 100th edition of Maxim magazine
- Is the only one among her parents' children to have dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. Her three sisters all have fair hair, blue eyes, and Caucasian skin color. Eva thought for a long time that she was adopted because of her features.