Mar. 15th, 1975
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Eva Longoria's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of four sisters who grew up on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Texas, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), General Hospital (1963) and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of Isabella on the popular series, The Young and the Restless (1973). After Y&R, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives (2004) where she plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people.
- Was engaged to 'Tony Parker (I)' (qv) in November 2006. The wedding was set for the summer of 2007 in Paris, France.
- Her surname, Longoria, comes from the old Asturian (Spanish) noble surname; de Longoria, from a branch settled on Nueva Espa˝a, now Mexico, in the XVIIth century, becoming rich farmers.
- (April 2006) Was on the cover of the 100th edition of Maxim magazine
- Following French law, she first married 'Tony Parker (I)' (qv) in a civil ceremony, held by Paris mayor 'Bertrand DelanoŰ' (qv), on 6 July 2007 before exchanging vows in a religious ceremony at the Eglise Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois in Paris one day later. The wedding reception was held at the Vaux-le-Vicomte castle, with about 200 guests including the San Antonio Spurs team, 'Michael Douglas (I)' (qv), 'Catherine Zeta-Jones' (qv), 'Thierry Henry' (qv), and 'Victoria Beckham' (qv).
- Is the only one among her parents' children to have dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. Her three sisters all have fair hair, blue eyes, and Caucasian skin color. Eva thought for a long time that she was adopted because of her features.
- She is considered a fluent Spanish speaker, though when interviewed in English by Spanish TV, she wasn't able to answer fluently in Spanish.
- Of the four leading actresses of _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), she is the only one not to receive an Emmy nomination for her performance on the show.
- Ranked #1 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2006 list.