Dec. 17th, 1946
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Craig Ehrlich (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Eugene Levy has appeared in over forty motion pictures, seven of which having topped the one hundred million dollar mark. His box office success in films like Bringing Down the House, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Father of the Bride 2 and Over the Hedge has helped establish him as one of Hollywood's most popular comedic character actors. But it was his role of Jim's Dad in American Pie and its sequels that cemented his reputation as being America's favorite dad.
Levy started his career on the popular late night comedy series SCTV where he won two Emmy Awards for writing. His early films include Splash, Club Paradise, Armed and Dangerous and Multiplicity. Teaming up with Christopher Guest, Levy earned critical acclaim for co-writing and co-starring in Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, For Your Consideration and A Mighty Wind. His work in A Mighty Wind garnered him a Grammy Award and a New York Film Critics Circle Award along with a Golden Globe nomination for Best in Show.
Most recently Levy has appeared in the Ang Lee film Taking Woodstock, provided the voice of Albert Einstein in Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian, and co-stars alongside Nicolas Cage and Samuel L. Jackson in the animated feature Astro Boy.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) with 'John Candy' (qv) back in 1985 (he, Candy and 'Billy Crystal' (qv) did a promo for it on SNL the week before it was supposed to have been aired), but that episode never happened, due to a writer's strike shortly after the promo was aired.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _New York Minute (2004/I)_ (qv). However, he failed to receive a nomination. The very next year, though, he got a Worst Supporting Actor Razzie Nomination for his roles in _Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)_ (qv) and _The Man (2005)_ (qv).
- He was part of the group Northern Lights, which sang the song "Tears Are Not Enough," which was on the "We are the World" benefit album.
- Has worked with actor 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv) on four different films--_Father of the Bride (1991)_ (qv), _Father of the Bride Part II (1995)_ (qv), _Bringing Down the House (2003)_ (qv) and _Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)_ (qv).
- Is portrayed by 'Patrick Fischler' (qv) in _Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (TV)_ (qv).
- Attended Westdale High School in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- His son, 'Daniel Levy (IV)' (qv), is a host on MTV Canada.
- He is the only actor to be in all six American Pie Movies.