Dec. 17th, 1946
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Craig Ehrlich (Voiced)
Plug Guard (Voiced)
Eugene Levy has appeared in over forty motion pictures, seven of which having topped the one hundred million dollar mark. His box office success in films like Bringing Down the House, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Father of the Bride 2 and Over the Hedge has helped establish him as one of Hollywood's most popular comedic character actors. But it was his role of Jim's Dad in American Pie and its sequels that cemented his reputation as being America's favorite dad.
Levy started his career on the popular late night comedy series SCTV where he won two Emmy Awards for writing. His early films include Splash, Club Paradise, Armed and Dangerous and Multiplicity. Teaming up with Christopher Guest, Levy earned critical acclaim for co-writing and co-starring in Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, For Your Consideration and A Mighty Wind. His work in A Mighty Wind garnered him a Grammy Award and a New York Film Critics Circle Award along with a Golden Globe nomination for Best in Show.
Most recently Levy has appeared in the Ang Lee film Taking Woodstock, provided the voice of Albert Einstein in Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian, and co-stars alongside Nicolas Cage and Samuel L. Jackson in the animated feature Astro Boy.
- He was part of the group Northern Lights, which sang the song "Tears Are Not Enough," which was on the "We are the World" benefit album.
- Part of the original, groundbreaking cast of _"Second City TV" (1976)_ (qv)--otherwise known as SCTV. The Canadian TV Series was an comedic smash hit in the early 1980s and started the careers of 'Martin Short (I)' (qv), 'Andrea Martin (I)' (qv), 'Catherine O'Hara' (qv), and the late 'John Candy' (qv) just to name a few. He played many roles but was probably best known as earnest but dimwitted Melonville news broadcaster Earl Camembert and schlock Las Vegas lounge comic Bobby Bittman.
- Has worked with actor 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv) on four different films--_Father of the Bride (1991)_ (qv), _Father of the Bride Part II (1995)_ (qv), _Bringing Down the House (2003)_ (qv) and _Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)_ (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _New York Minute (2004/I)_ (qv). However, he failed to receive a nomination. The very next year, though, he got a Worst Supporting Actor Razzie Nomination for his roles in _Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)_ (qv) and _The Man (2005)_ (qv).
- His son, 'Daniel Levy (IV)' (qv), is a host on MTV Canada.
- He is the only actor to be in all six American Pie Movies.
- Attended Westdale High School in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Is portrayed by 'Patrick Fischler' (qv) in _Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (TV)_ (qv).