Jun. 13th, 1978
Huntington Beach, California, USA
Ethan Embry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ethan Embry, born Ethan Randall on June 13, 1978, is already a veteran of the acting world. Before he started acting in movies, Ethan appeared in more than 100 TV and Radio commercials. In 1991, at the age of thirteen, he appeared in three films and has continued acting ever since. On average, Ethan released or filmed at least 2 films per year, which continued up until 1999, when he filmed about 5 films, but only 2 of these have been released.
Ethan spent most of his childhood in Southern California, growing up with his older brother, Aaron (said to be one of the best musicians in LA), and his little sister, Kessia. In 1998, he bought a home of his own.
In the Fall of 1999, Ethan co-starred as Sebastian in the short-lived CBS sitcom "Work with Me" (1999). Sadly, due to lack of ratings, the show ended after only four episodes. 1999, however, did bring a happy event, Ethan's then-wife, Amelinda Smith, gave birth to their first child, whom they named Cogeian, after the Latin word "cogeo," which means "to think over."
In the fall of 2000, Ethan starred as Derek Barnes in "FreakyLinks" (2000) on Fox. Thirteen episodes were shot, but the series was soon canceled after its debut. Later success include a role as detective Frank Smith on Dick Wolf (I)'s remake of the classic series "Dragnet" (2003), a part in the recent cult classic Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004), and a guest-starring role on the series "Numb3rs" (2005).
- Did his own stunts in _White Squall (1996)_ (qv).
- Plays in a band, Southern Comfort Colonic, which is a mix of punk and hardcore speed metal.
- At the age of 22, Ethan had already appeared in many TV and radio commercials, movies (including doing his own stunts in one), produced and directed a short film (at the age of 13), co-produced another film, married, and become a father.
- Brother of 'Aaron Embry' (qv)
- Is interested in photography.
- In between the films _That Thing You Do! (1996)_ (qv) and _Vegas Vacation (1997)_ (qv), he only had two days off.
- Appeared with 'Ed O'Neill (I)' (qv) in _Dutch (1991)_ (qv) at the age of 13 and later played his partner in _"Dragnet" (2003)_ (qv).
- (November 14, 1998) Married actress 'Amelinda Smith' (qv) (auditioned to play Stacy in the CBS sitcom, but 'Emily Rutherfurd' (qv) landed the role - Ethan read Amelinda's script, liked it, auditioned and snagged the role of Sebastian).