Jun. 13th, 1978
Huntington Beach, California, USA
Ethan Embry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ethan Embry, born Ethan Randall on June 13, 1978, is already a veteran of the acting world. Before he started acting in movies, Ethan appeared in more than 100 TV and Radio commercials. In 1991, at the age of thirteen, he appeared in three films and has continued acting ever since. On average, Ethan released or filmed at least 2 films per year, which continued up until 1999, when he filmed about 5 films, but only 2 of these have been released.
Ethan spent most of his childhood in Southern California, growing up with his older brother, Aaron (said to be one of the best musicians in LA), and his little sister, Kessia. In 1998, he bought a home of his own.
In the Fall of 1999, Ethan co-starred as Sebastian in the short-lived CBS sitcom "Work with Me" (1999). Sadly, due to lack of ratings, the show ended after only four episodes. 1999, however, did bring a happy event, Ethan's then-wife, Amelinda Smith, gave birth to their first child, whom they named Cogeian, after the Latin word "cogeo," which means "to think over."
In the fall of 2000, Ethan starred as Derek Barnes in "FreakyLinks" (2000) on Fox. Thirteen episodes were shot, but the series was soon canceled after its debut. Later success include a role as detective Frank Smith on Dick Wolf (I)'s remake of the classic series "Dragnet" (2003), a part in the recent cult classic Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004), and a guest-starring role on the series "Numb3rs" (2005).
- Is the owner of many pets (in 1998, he had five cats and eight dogs).
- Produced an unreleased movie titled "Taken" with his _White Squall (1996)_ (qv) co-star and friend, 'Jeremy Sisto' (qv), and a friend of Embry's was to direct it
- In between the films _That Thing You Do! (1996)_ (qv) and _Vegas Vacation (1997)_ (qv), he only had two days off.
- Won 6th place in a California gymnastics tournament at the age of 10 (one can see Ethan doing back flips in _Can't Hardly Wait (1998)_ (qv), right after the scene where someone calls Mike Dexter a fag).
- Plays in a band, Southern Comfort Colonic, which is a mix of punk and hardcore speed metal.
- Writes with his left hand, but plays his guitar with his right hand.
- Did his own stunts in _White Squall (1996)_ (qv).
- (December 10, 1999) 'Amelinda Smith' (qv) gave birth to their son, Cogeian coming from the Latin word cogeo meaning "to think over" while Ethan Embry's 1993 _A Far Off Place (1993)_ (qv) was still airing.