Jun. 17th, 1964
Encino, California, USA
Erin Murphy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Erin Margaret Murphy (born June 17, 1964) is an American actress who is best known for her role as young Tabitha Stephens on the top-ten television sitcom Bewitched, which ran from 1964 to 1972. For the first season, she shared this role with her sister, Diane, as they were of similar appearance and stature. As they got older and looked less alike, Erin played the part alone.
Following Bewitched, Murphy guest-starred on shows such as Lassie, appeared in over 100 commercials, and modeled for Hang Ten swimwear. She was an El Toro High School cheerleader and homecoming queen. Murphy has worked as a casting director, a makeup artist, a fashion stylist, an acting teacher, a motivational speaker, and even as a stunt double for actress Virginia Madsen.
On December 20, 2006, she appeared as one of the 12 "strangers" on the NBC game show Identity. The contestant thought that Murphy was an Army Ranger. In 2007, she was featured on CNN Headline News as a "Celebrity With a Cause" discussing her work with autism-related charities.In 2008, Murphy appeared as celebrity judge on Danny Bonaduce's I Know My Kid's a Star reality show contest for young actors and with Bob Saget on 1 vs. 100. She has also appeared on Craft Lab (DIY/HGTV), Groomer Has It (Animal Planet) with her giant Leonberger, and on Over Your Head (HGTV) building flagstone steps in her backyard.
Murphy has been married three times, first to Terry Rogers (1984 to 1989); the couple had two sons. She then married Eric Eden (1993 to 1998); the couple had one son. Murphy married Darren Dunckel in 1998; the couple has three sons. She lives in Bell Canyon, California, with Dunckel and her three sons.
She is the celebrity spokeswoman for Verge Living, a residential-retail development in downtown Las Vegas. Her husband Darren is the president of Verge Living; Erin Murphy started its philanthropic arm, Verge Giving.
Murphy was featured in a photo spread January 2012 in OK! magazine with two of her alpacas on her ranch. Murphy discussed her company Erin Murphy Knits which offers handknit Eco friendly alpaca wear.
- Attended San Diego State University for 2 years
- Appeared in 80+ TV commercials Appeared in a detergent commercial with 'Ronald Reagan (I)' (qv)
- Retired from acting shortly after _"Bewitched" (1964)_ (qv) ended.
- Worked as a stunt double, karaoke club hostess, and makeup artist (mid-1980s)
- Sons: Jason (b. 1985), Grant (b. 1988), Clark (b. 1995), Dylan (b. 1999)
- Fraternal (ie. non-identical) twin sister of 'Diane Murphy (I)' (qv)
- Erin Murphy and her fraternal twin 'Diane Murphy (I)' (qv) coincidentally share the same birthday, June 17, with 'Elizabeth Montgomery (I)' (qv)'s real life daughter, 'Rebecca Asher' (qv).
- Is the mother of six boys as of August 2004.
Related sites for this celeb