Jul. 24th, 1975
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Eric Szmanda's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eric Kyle Szmanda (born July 24, 1975) is an American actor. He portrays Greg Sanders in the CBS police drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, a role he has held since the show began in 2000.
Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Don and Elaine Szmanda, and has two brothers, Brett and Rob. He is of a Polish decent. He attended Mukwonago High School and graduated at the age of nineteen at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California. While he was in school, he began marketing internships with music conglomerate BMG and moved to Chicago, Illinoi to take a full-time job in the music business. His great-uncle Ray Szmanda is the "Menard's Guy," a local celebrity in the Midwest famous for his enthusiastic ads for Menard's hardware stores.
Szmanda supports the U.S. Campaign for Burma and traveled to Thailand to see the conditions of Burmese refugees who have fled their native country.
- Is a fan of 'Marilyn Manson' (qv). In 2003, he appeared in the video to Manson''s song "Saint" along with _Asia Argento_, who also directed it. The video has never aired in the United States.
- Lived in the guest quarters of _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'George Eads' (qv) for a couple months and took care of George's dog, Maverick, while he was out of town.
- Has a golden retriever named Dax.
- Great-nephew of former Menard's pitchman 'Ray Szmanda' (qv). Name rhymes with raw-panda.
- Attended Carroll College in Wisconsin.
- Is of Polish descent.
- Attended high school in Mukwonago, Wisconsin; graduated in 1993
- He has two brothers named Rob and Brett