Apr. 22nd, 1971
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Eric Mabius' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Of Irish and Polish descent, Eric Mabius (born April 22, 1971). He grew up moving almost constantly. Upon graduating from high school, he attended the renowned arts school, Sarah Lawrence College. Immersing himself in acting, writing and film theory, college became the jumping-off point for Mabius' first roles in the theater in smaller Off-Broadway productions. He landed his first film role as the object of 'Heather Matarazzo's affection, the teen rock star, in Todd Solondz's Sundance Grand Prize Winner, Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995).
Mabius has appeared in more than 27 films - seven of which screened at Sundance - and over a dozen television projects. His credits include roles in many genres, ranging from action Resident Evil (2002) and The Extreme Team (2003), drama Cruel Intentions (1999), comedy Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995) and Wirey Spindell (2000), mystery The Minus Man (1999), horror The Crow: Salvation (2000)and Black Circle Boys (1997), and romance Splendor (1999) and Dancing at the Harvest Moon (2002). Showtime's groundbreaking series, The L Word (2004) and ABC's Eyes (2005) are but a few more in a long line of unique and varied projects he has chosen that have achieved critical and audience acclaim.
In addition to his starring role on Ugly Betty, Mabius was also a series regular on The O.C. and Outcasts. Other television appearances include guest roles on hits Scandal, Blue Bloods, Franklin & Bash, The Client List and the mini-series Political Animals. Mabius also starred in the Hallmark Channel Original Movies How to Fall in Love and Reading, Writing & Romance.
- One of his favorite shows is _"House M.D." (2004)_ (qv).
- He and his wife, Ivy Sherman, went to high school together.
- Auditioned for _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv).
- Son, Rylan Jaxson Mabius, born December 7th, 2008 in New York City, with wife, Ivy Sherman. The baby weighed a little more than 10 lbs.
- Has a brother named Craig.
- His brother works for Varian Semiconductor in Gloucester, Massachusetts. The company's parking lot was used as a helipad for camera helicopters used to film _The Perfect Storm (2000)_ (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of FunBoy in _The Crow (1994)_ (qv). The part went to 'Michael Massee' (qv), who fired the gun that accidentally killed 'Brandon Lee (I)' (qv). Mabius went on to star in the lead of _The Crow: Salvation (2000)_ (qv).
- Son, Maxwell Elliot Mabius, born June 15th 2006, with wife, Ivy Sherman.