Apr. 22nd, 1971
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Eric Mabius' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Price Check
2012 - Resident Evil: Retribution
2005 - Reeker
2004 - Resident Evil: Apocalypse
2002 - Resident Evil
2000 - The Crow: Salvation
2000 - The Crow: Salvation
1999 - Splendor
1999 - The Minus Man
1999 - Cruel Intentions
1997 - Black Circle Boys
1997 - Lawn Dogs
1996 - I Shot Andy Warhol
1995 - Welcome to the Dollhouse
1995 - The Journey of August King
Guest TV Roles
Dean Jack Hess
Of Irish and Polish descent, Eric Mabius (born April 22, 1971). He grew up moving almost constantly. Upon graduating from high school, he attended the renowned arts school, Sarah Lawrence College. Immersing himself in acting, writing and film theory, college became the jumping-off point for Mabius' first roles in the theater in smaller Off-Broadway productions. He landed his first film role as the object of 'Heather Matarazzo's affection, the teen rock star, in Todd Solondz's Sundance Grand Prize Winner, Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995).
Mabius has appeared in more than 27 films - seven of which screened at Sundance - and over a dozen television projects. His credits include roles in many genres, ranging from action Resident Evil (2002) and The Extreme Team (2003), drama Cruel Intentions (1999), comedy Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995) and Wirey Spindell (2000), mystery The Minus Man (1999), horror The Crow: Salvation (2000)and Black Circle Boys (1997), and romance Splendor (1999) and Dancing at the Harvest Moon (2002). Showtime's groundbreaking series, The L Word (2004) and ABC's Eyes (2005) are but a few more in a long line of unique and varied projects he has chosen that have achieved critical and audience acclaim.
In addition to his starring role on Ugly Betty, Mabius was also a series regular on The O.C. and Outcasts. Other television appearances include guest roles on hits Scandal, Blue Bloods, Franklin & Bash, The Client List and the mini-series Political Animals. Mabius also starred in the Hallmark Channel Original Movies How to Fall in Love and Reading, Writing & Romance.
- Auditioned for _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv).
- When not performing, he likes to do woodwork and carpentry to unwind.
- Eric loves mustard and puts it on everything.
- Auditioned for the role of FunBoy in _The Crow (1994)_ (qv). The part went to 'Michael Massee' (qv), who fired the gun that accidentally killed 'Brandon Lee (I)' (qv). Mabius went on to star in the lead of _The Crow: Salvation (2000)_ (qv).
- His brother works for Varian Semiconductor in Gloucester, Massachusetts. The company's parking lot was used as a helipad for camera helicopters used to film _The Perfect Storm (2000)_ (qv).
- He and his wife, Ivy Sherman, went to high school together.
- Son, Maxwell Elliot Mabius, born June 15th 2006, with wife, Ivy Sherman.
- Has a brother named Craig.