Jan. 21st, 1976
Barnet, Hertfordshire, England, UK
Emma Bunton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets
2001 - Zoolander
1997 - Spice World
Guest TV Roles
Emma Lee Bunton was born on the 21st January 1976 in Finchley, North London to parents Pauline, a karate instructor, and Trevor, a milkman. They split up when Emma was 11, and she stayed with her mum. She also has a younger brother, P.J. (Paul) who she is very close to. Emma's career began at an early age when she started doing modeling work for such things as Mothercare, Mentadent P toothpaste and Polly Pocket. She attended the famous Sylvia Young Drama School in London, during which time she auditioned for several TV parts including that of Bianca in "EastEnders" (1985), but none of them really panned out. She can be seen briefly in both "EastEnders" (1985) and The Bill, but only in minor parts. It wasn't long after she left Sylvia Young's that she joined the Spice Girls (after the original 5th Spice Girl, Michelle Stephenson, left). 2 albums, 8 No. 1 singles and a film later and the Spice Girls are still going strong. Emma is due to appear in the BBC musical drama 'Sleeping Beauty' which is in filming at the moment and will be out by the end of the year. The Spice Girls 3rd album, "Forever" was released in November 2000 and reached the #2 spot on the UK charts. It also features the Spice Girls' 9th #1 single, "Holler/Let Love Lead The Way". Since then, the Spice Girls haven't worked together again. In April 2001, Emma released her first solo album "A Girl Like Me" which featured her 1999 cover of Eddie Brickell's "What I Am" and Emma's own #1 hit "What Took You So Long". In 2003, Emma released her second solo album, "Free Me", which includes her four hits "Free Me", "Maybe", "I'll Be There" and "Crickets Sing For Anamaria". Her promo tour lead her to the US in early 2005, where a remix of "Free Me" was a popular club track.
- She revealed an interest to play a role in _"EastEnders" (1985)_ (qv) - maybe the "Who Shot Phil?" storyline.
- She has a Blue Belt in Karate
- A former member of 'The Spice Girls' (qv).
- Has her name "Baby Spice" tattooed on her behind.
- Early in her career she auditioned for the role of Bianca Jackson in _"EastEnders" (1985)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Patsy Palmer' (qv).
- Is close friends with television actress 'Louisa Lytton' (qv).
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World along with the four other Spice Girls.
- Gave birth to a healthy 7 lbs 15 oz boy, Beau Lee Jones, August 10, 2007, 11:12 a.m. at Portland Hospital, London.