Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- Son of Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr. and wife Deborah R. Nelson (later remarried).
- In May 2003, a minor media stir came about when Eminem refused to allow rock parodist ''Weird Al' Yankovic' (qv) to produce a video for his "Lose Yourself" parody "Couch Potato". Although semi-official statements from Eminem's camp stated that the rapper wasn't being malicious and simply did not want a parody to detract from his image as a serious hip-hop artist, most of the press that covered the story sided with Yankovic. Despite the lack of the music video, the album featuring the parody, "Poodle Hat", earned Yankovic his highest chart debut in "Billboard" (#17) and, in February 2004, his third Grammy Award.
- Has a half sister and a half brother on his dad's side; Sarah and Michael Mathers.
- January 2008 - Released from a Detroit hospital after being rushed there during Christmas 2007. His publicist attributed this to a bout with pneumonia.
- Adopted his ex-wife's, Kim, other daughter with another man. Her name is Whitney.
- Spoofs his character from _8 Mile (2002)_ (qv) in his music video "Just lose it"
- Ranked #6 on VH1's 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists.
- Has a younger half-brother called Nathan (his mother's son from a later marriage), born in 1986.