Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
2002 - 8 Mile
2001 - The Wash
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself (segment "Eminem")
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- He has sold over 65 million records worldwide (February 2006).
- Has his own record company called Shady Records
- The Eminem Show has sold more than eight million albums
- Is left handed.
- Has custody of his niece Lainie (short for Alaina). Lainie and his daughter Hailie have been brought up together and are considered sisters and he refers to both as his daughters. Lainie was mentioned in the song Mockingbird on the "Encore" album.
- January 2008 - Released from a Detroit hospital after being rushed there during Christmas 2007. His publicist attributed this to a bout with pneumonia.
- He has had an operation on his knee, which led to his awkward stance at numerous performances.
- The only white person to ever be on the cover of "The Source" and "XXL" magazines.