Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Interview
2013 - How to Make Money Selling Drugs
2009 - Funny People
2002 - 8 Mile
2001 - The Wash
2000 - Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself (segment "Eminem")
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- The name 'Eminem' came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers).
- (2001) Got joint custody of daughter Hailie Jade.
- (11th April 2006) His "D 12" band mate Proof was killed in a night club shooting at 5 am.
- Parodied on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) by 'Chris Parnell (I)' (qv).
- To help support his mother, young Marshall worked as a short-order cook at a Michigan family restaurant called Gilbert's Lodge
- Featured in "Entertainment Weekly" magazine (December 22/29, 2000) and was voted #3 for Entertainer of the Year.
- His maternal grandmother Betty Hixson was married five times. He is her grandson from her first marriage.
- Filed for divorce less than 3 months after re-marrying his ex-wife.