Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
2002 - 8 Mile
2001 - The Wash
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself (segment "Eminem")
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- Was the only guest artist appearing on 'Jay-Z' (qv)'s album, "The Blueprint."
- Adopted his ex-wife's, Kim, other daughter with another man. Her name is Whitney.
- Parodied on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) by 'Chris Parnell (I)' (qv).
- Hired young actress Karli Filips twice to portray his daughter, Hailie Jade in his music videos for "Lose Yourself" and "Like Toy Soldiers". When they shot the Toy Soldiers video, Eminem had to be reminded Karli had played his daughter once before.
- He has had an operation on his knee, which led to his awkward stance at numerous performances.
- Is good friends with Jay-Z.
- His "D 12" band mate Proof was best man at his second wedding to Kim Matters.
- The Eminem Show has sold more than eight million albums