Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Interview
2013 - How to Make Money Selling Drugs
2009 - Funny People
2002 - 8 Mile
2001 - The Wash
2000 - Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself (segment "Eminem")
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- To help support his mother, young Marshall worked as a short-order cook at a Michigan family restaurant called Gilbert's Lodge
- January 2008 - Released from a Detroit hospital after being rushed there during Christmas 2007. His publicist attributed this to a bout with pneumonia.
- (January 2001) 2000 Album "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold a reported 7 million copies.
- Adopted his ex-wife's, Kim, other daughter with another man. Her name is Whitney.
- He was voted the 82nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Rolling Stone.
- His "D 12" band mate Proof was best man at his second wedding to Kim Matters.
- With the band D12, Eminem has had a number 10 hit with S**t on you, and a number 2 hit with Purple Hills (originally titled Purple Pills).
- The name 'Eminem' came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers).