Oct. 17th, 1972
Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
Eminem's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
2002 - 8 Mile
2001 - The Wash
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself (segment "Eminem")
Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III on October 17, 1972, in Kansas City, Missouri. Spent childhood moving back and forth between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. Attended Lincoln High School in Warren 1986-89. Hustled self-made cassettes of his work to places like Record Time in Roseville. His girlfriend (now wife) Kimberly gave birth to daughter Haile Jade on Dec. 25, 1995. He worked at Gilbert's Lodge (a family restaurant) in St. Clair Shores from 1996-1998. Full-length debut, Infinite, released in 1996. The Slim Shady EP was released in 1998. Later that year, Dr. Dre signed Eminem to his Aftermath label after hearing the rapper free styling on a Los Angeles radio station. The Slim Shady LP was released on Feb. 23, 1999 and hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts within weeks. The Slim Shady LP was 3 times platinum. Eminem has now put out his second full length CD, entitled The Marshall Mathers LP.
- Raised in Detroit, Michigan.
- Is left handed.
- 'Dr. Dre' (qv) is Eminem's mentor.
- Has a younger half-brother called Nathan (his mother's son from a later marriage), born in 1986.
- (11th April 2006) His "D 12" band mate Proof was killed in a night club shooting at 5 am.
- With the band D12, Eminem has had a number 10 hit with S**t on you, and a number 2 hit with Purple Hills (originally titled Purple Pills).
- His "D 12" band mate Proof was best man at his second wedding to Kim Matters.
- On March 23, 2003 his song "Lose Yourself" from the film _8 Mile (2002)_ (qv) became the first rap song to win an Academy Award. He was not in attendance, and one of the song's co-writers, 'Luis Resto' (qv), accepted the Oscar on his behalf.