Oct. 8th, 1968
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Emily Procter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Big Momma's House 2
1999 - Body Shots
1999 - The Big Tease
1997 - Family Plan
1996 - Jerry Maguire
1995 - Leaving Las Vegas
Guest TV Roles
Emily Procter is a native of Raleigh, N.C. who attended East Carolina University. "I tried to get in the theatre department", she says, "but it was full." After graduation, however, she moved to Los Angeles and landed a number of small roles in films such as Jerry Maguire (1996). "Then I got the chance to audition for "The West Wing" (1999) and I got the part", she says.
- Although she plays a character with a very serious personality on _"CSI: Miami" (2002)_ (qv), says that she is a very "silly, goofy" person in real life.
- Is a model for Charriol.
- Fronts her own 80s cover band called, "White Lighten."
- Member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority at ECU
- Majored in journalism at University
- Her father, William, was a general practitioner. Her mother, Barbara, was a volunteer. They divorced when Emily was 2.
- She studied journalism and dance at East Carolina University. Upon graduation she worked as the weather girl at the Greenville CBS affiliate. She then moved to LA, where her father paid for 2 years of acting lessons.
- She collects bugs as a hobby.