Oct. 8th, 1968
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Emily Procter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Big Momma's House 2
1999 - Body Shots
1999 - The Big Tease
1997 - Breast Men
1997 - Family Plan
1996 - Jerry Maguire
1995 - Leaving Las Vegas
Guest TV Roles
Emily Procter is a native of Raleigh, N.C. who attended East Carolina University. "I tried to get in the theatre department", she says, "but it was full." After graduation, however, she moved to Los Angeles and landed a number of small roles in films such as Jerry Maguire (1996). "Then I got the chance to audition for "The West Wing" (1999) and I got the part", she says.
- Before she became an actress, she was a weather reporter for a local TV station. She was promoted to crime reporter, but left soon afterwards because the work was "too gory".
- She studied journalism and dance at East Carolina University. Upon graduation she worked as the weather girl at the Greenville CBS affiliate. She then moved to LA, where her father paid for 2 years of acting lessons.
- Loves construction, might have been an interior decorator.
- Was chosen for a Distinguished Alumni Award by her high school, Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, North Carolina, in 2006.
- Fronts her own 80s cover band called, "White Lighten."
- Does regular volunteer work at All Saints' Episcopal Church soup kitchen in Beverly Hills.
- Although she plays a character with a very serious personality on _"CSI: Miami" (2002)_ (qv), says that she is a very "silly, goofy" person in real life.
- Her father, William, was a general practitioner. Her mother, Barbara, was a volunteer. They divorced when Emily was 2.