Oct. 8th, 1968
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Emily Procter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Emily Procter is a native of Raleigh, N.C. who attended East Carolina University. "I tried to get in the theatre department", she says, "but it was full." After graduation, however, she moved to Los Angeles and landed a number of small roles in films such as Jerry Maguire (1996). "Then I got the chance to audition for "The West Wing" (1999) and I got the part", she says.
- She studied journalism and dance at East Carolina University. Upon graduation she worked as the weather girl at the Greenville CBS affiliate. She then moved to LA, where her father paid for 2 years of acting lessons.
- Although she plays a character with a very serious personality on _"CSI: Miami" (2002)_ (qv), says that she is a very "silly, goofy" person in real life.
- Is a model for Charriol.
- Does regular volunteer work at All Saints' Episcopal Church soup kitchen in Beverly Hills.
- Loves construction, might have been an interior decorator.
- Majored in journalism at University
- Before she became an actress, she was a weather reporter for a local TV station. She was promoted to crime reporter, but left soon afterwards because the work was "too gory".
- Fronts her own 80s cover band called, "White Lighten."