Mar. 10th, 1992
Los Angeles, California, USA
Emily Osment's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Hannah Montana: The Movie
2003 - Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
1999 - The Secret Life of Girls
Guest TV Roles
Emily Jordan Osment (born March 10th, 1992) in Los Angeles. She is the younger sister of The Sixth Sense star, Haley Joel Osment, who has is considered to be one of the greatest child actors ever. Her father is also an actor of some renown. Following in their footsteps, Osment started her acting career performing in several commercials, including a radio spot with 'Dick Van Dyke', before making her film debut in The Secret Life of Girls. The same year she landed a role in the Hallmark film, Sarah, Plain and Tall: Winter's End, as the daughter of 'Glenn Close' and 'Christopher Walken'. That role led to a nomination for Best Young Actor.
After that Emily played several smaller roles for television, which include, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Touched by an Angel, and Friends. During this time she also did voice acting alongside her brother and John Cleese, Catherine O'Hara, and Harry Shearer in the short animated-film, Edwurd Fudwupper Fibbed Big.
Finally, Osment landed the much sought after role of Gerti Giggles in, Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams. Writer/Director Robert Rodriguez was so impressed by her audition that he made the role longer without even knowing that she was the sister of Haley Joel Osment. She then appeared in the sequel, Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over.
She is now appearing as a regular on the hit Disney Channel show, Hannah Montana, in which she plays the hyperactive, Lily Truscott, alongside co-stars 'Miley Cyrus' and 'Mitchell Musso'.
- She plays soccer.
- Unlike her character on Hannah Montana, she doesn't like much pop music.
- She is friends with the Jonas Brothers, but is not a fan of their music.
- Is a big Audrey Hepburn fan and especially likes "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
- Daughter of 'Eugene Osment' (qv) and Theresa Osment.
- When _AI: Artificial Intelligence_ (2001) was released, her mother forbade her to watch it as she felt it was unsuitable for the then 9-year-old Emily.
- She likes the films Bringing Up Baby, Tootsie, and The Sound of Music.
- Watches Turner Classic Movies a lot.