Dec. 27th, 1981
Mount Eliza, Victoria, Australia
Emilie de Ravin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Emilie de Ravin (born December 27, 1981), and grew up in Mount Eliza, Victoria, Australia. When she was 15, she was accepted at the highly selective Australian Ballet School in Melbourne. However, after only a year, she dropped out and undertook acting courses.
Her first starring role was on the fantasy drama, BeastMaster (1999). When her agent told her of a role in the US, as newcomer Tess in the hit series Roswell (1999), she flew out and auditioned. After landing the role, she was written out of BeastMaster and started work as Tess, an alien. She relocated to California and was on Roswell before she even owned an apartment.
After 2 years on the show, she then made notable guest appearances in CSI: Miami (2002) and The Handler (2003).
She stayed in TV, playing the bad girl Chris in Carrie (2002) (TV), a movie made for TV. She also changed genres, starring in Santa's Slay (2005), a black comedy.
Emilie has shown her versatility by branching out into film, making her debut at Sundance 2005 with the the award-winning indie film Brick (2005). She starred in the remake The Hills Have Eyes (2006) in 2006, which debuted at No.1 in the UK box office.
She is now on the Emmy-award winning ABC series Lost (2004), playing Claire, a young Australian who gave birth on the mysterious island and has a close relationship with Charlie, played by 'Dominic Monaghan'.
Despite filming in Hawaii, Emilie lives in California with her dogs, Bella and Mabel. In 2007 she separated from husband 'Josh Janowicz' but Emilie confirmed on April 28, 2008 episode of the Opie and Anthony Show on XM Radio that she is still, in fact, happily married.
- Enjoys gardening when she isn't working.
- Her wedding dress was designed by 'Monique Lhuillier' (qv).
- Emilie studied acting at the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia (NIDA), and with the Prime Time Actors Studio in Los Angeles.
- Has starred in two remakes, _Carrie (2002) (TV)_ (qv) and _The Hills Have Eyes (2006)_ (qv).
- Emilie has two older sisters.
- Close friends with former "Lost" co-star 'Maggie Grace' (qv).
- She is Australian and is of French and British heritage.
- Emilie has a dog named "Bella".