Jul. 20th, 1978
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elliott Yamin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
- When it was down to 5, a poll at MSNBC.com asked who should win American Idol. Elliott had the most with 30% while Katharine came in second with 28%.
- Is allergic to cats.
- Was scheduled to sing the National Anthem and "God Bless America" at the Washington Nationals' new stadium in D.C. on opening night (March 31st, 2008), the day his mother died. He was replaced by Denyce Graves.
- His mother Claudette began singing at 12 doing blues and standards in hotels, clubs and steakhouses with orchestra leader Ray McKinley.
- As of May 30, an AOL poll placed Elliott 5th on the "Best Idol of All Time" list. Taylor Hicks tied for 3rd while Katharine McPhee tied for 6th.
- On December 1, 2007, Yamin performed at the Live & Loud 07 Music Festival in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he was the opening act for one of his personal idols, Whitney Houston. They didn't meet.
- On AmericanIdol.com's Top 20 highest-rated performances of season 5, Elliott got the most with 9. Behind him was Taylor with 7.
- Song "Wait For You" placed number 19 on VH1's Top 40 Songs of 2007.