Jul. 20th, 1978
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elliott Yamin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
- When it was down to 5, a poll at MSNBC.com asked who should win American Idol. Elliott had the most with 30% while Katharine came in second with 28%.
- Fans of Elliott Yamin are known as Yaminions, the E-Train, FOEs (Friends of Elliott), Yamin Fiends and/or the Yamin Machine!
- When the Top 24 was revealed, Pinnaclesports.com gave his chances of winning at last with 65-1, tying him with 8 other contenders. When it was down to 8, Entertainment Weekly gave him 12-1 odds of winning ahead of only Bucky and Ace. When it was down to three, the magazine gave him 6-1 odds.
- When he was eleven years old, he moved to Richmond, Virginia.
- Was scheduled to sing the National Anthem and "God Bless America" at the Washington Nationals' new stadium in D.C. on opening night (March 31st, 2008), the day his mother died. He was replaced by Denyce Graves.
- Tried to be a vegetarian at the age of 8.
- Held 43 different jobs before auditioning for American Idol, including 6 years at Foot Locker, collections, customer service, retail, landscaping, vinyl-siding installation, part-time deejay for Power 92 and counter clerk at Westbury Pharmacy.