Jul. 20th, 1978
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elliott Yamin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
- Favorite film: Coming to America (which featured choreography by Paula Abdul)
- At the age of 5, Elliott would walk outside his family home in Pasadena carrying a boombox blasting the sounds of Itzhak Perlman.
- Was born the day after his father got his green card at 12:15 a.m.
- He and Danny Gokey are the only male contestants to finish third on American Idol.
- Loves to play basketball and work out
- He began singing at the age of five and he has had no formal vocal training.
- Was scheduled to sing the National Anthem and "God Bless America" at the Washington Nationals' new stadium in D.C. on opening night (March 31st, 2008), the day his mother died. He was replaced by Denyce Graves.
- Sang background on three tracks for Big Planz's gospel rap CD Sound Doctrine in 2004. Once word got out in 2006 that Elliott sang back up, Big's site got 7000 hits in 3 days and in 24 hours, its sales-ranking on Amazon.com went from 505000 to 1300.