Nov. 10th, 1969
Everett, Massachusetts, USA
Ellen Pompeo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Daredevil
2003 - Old School
2002 - Catch Me If You Can
2002 - Moonlight Mile
1999 - Coming Soon
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Ellen Pompeo made her major studio screen debut in Brad Silberling's Moonlight Mile (2002), starring alongside Susan Sarandon, Dustin Hoffman and Jake Gyllenhaal. She received outstanding reviews for her portrayal of an outspoken young woman carrying a silent burden that's breaking her heart.
A native of Boston, Pompeo starred opposite Luke Wilson (I), Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell in the wildly successful Old School (2003) and, before that, in Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can (2002), opposite Leonardo DiCaprio.
Prior to Moonlight Mile (2002), Pompeo starred in several independent features, including In the Weeds (2000) and Coming Soon (1999), and she can also be seen in Life of the Party (2005).
- Ellen and her husband, 'Chris Ivery' (qv) are expecting their first child [April 20, 2009].
- Engaged to music producer 'Chris Ivery' (qv) [November 13, 2006]. After they started dating three years ago, they learned that they both grew up in Boston, 10 miles from each other.
- Before _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv), she auditioned for a television pilot called "Secret Service". That show was not picked up by any television network.
- Had another scene in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv) as Matt Murdock's ('Ben Affleck' (qv)) secretary Karen Page, but it was deleted from the theatrical version of the film.
- Was approached to play the role of Becky in _Clerks II (2006)_ (qv), but turned it down because she had just finished the pilot for _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv).
- Suffers from asthma.
- Her mother died when she was only 4 years old. Her father is Joseph Pompeo, a salesman.
- Is a native of Boston.