Nov. 10th, 1969
Everett, Massachusetts, USA
Ellen Pompeo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Daredevil
2003 - Old School
2002 - Catch Me If You Can
2002 - Moonlight Mile
1999 - Coming Soon
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Contestant
Ellen Pompeo made her major studio screen debut in 'Brad Silberling's Moonlight Mile (2002), starring alongside 'Susan Sarandon', 'Dustin Hoffman' and 'Jake Gyllenhaal'. She received outstanding reviews for her portrayal of an outspoken young woman carrying a silent burden that's breaking her heart.
A native of Boston, Pompeo starred opposite 'Luke Wilson', 'Vince Vaughn' and 'Will Ferrell' in the wildly successful Old School (2003) and, before that, in 'Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can (2002), opposite 'Leonardo DiCaprio'.
Prior to Moonlight Mile (2002), Pompeo starred in several independent features, including In the Weeds (2000) and Coming Soon (1999), and she can also be seen in Life of the Party (2005).
- Had a part in _Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)_ (qv), which was deleted from the final cut.
- She is the youngest of 6 - she has 5 siblings who are all at least 8 years older than her. One of them is Maureen Pompeo.
- Wed fiancÚ 'Chris Ivery' (qv) in a civil ceremony in New York City on November 9, 2007. The only people in attendance were Mayor 'Michael Bloomberg' (qv) and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris, who served as witnesses to the ceremony.
- Suffers from asthma.
- Engaged to music producer 'Chris Ivery' (qv) [November 13, 2006]. After they started dating three years ago, they learned that they both grew up in Boston, 10 miles from each other.
- Her mother died when she was only 4 years old. Her father is Joseph Pompeo, a salesman.
- Had another scene in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv) as Matt Murdock's ('Ben Affleck' (qv)) secretary Karen Page, but it was deleted from the theatrical version of the film.
- Ellen and her husband, 'Chris Ivery' (qv) are expecting their first child [April 20, 2009].