Nov. 10th, 1969
Everett, Massachusetts, USA
Ellen Pompeo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ellen Pompeo made her major studio screen debut in 'Brad Silberling's Moonlight Mile (2002), starring alongside 'Susan Sarandon', 'Dustin Hoffman' and 'Jake Gyllenhaal'. She received outstanding reviews for her portrayal of an outspoken young woman carrying a silent burden that's breaking her heart.
A native of Boston, Pompeo starred opposite 'Luke Wilson', 'Vince Vaughn' and 'Will Ferrell' in the wildly successful Old School (2003) and, before that, in 'Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can (2002), opposite 'Leonardo DiCaprio'.
Prior to Moonlight Mile (2002), Pompeo starred in several independent features, including In the Weeds (2000) and Coming Soon (1999), and she can also be seen in Life of the Party (2005).
- Had another scene in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv) as Matt Murdock's ('Ben Affleck' (qv)) secretary Karen Page, but it was deleted from the theatrical version of the film.
- Engaged to music producer 'Chris Ivery' (qv) [November 13, 2006]. After they started dating three years ago, they learned that they both grew up in Boston, 10 miles from each other.
- Had a part in _Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)_ (qv), which was deleted from the final cut.
- Before _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv), she auditioned for a television pilot called "Secret Service". That show was not picked up by any television network.
- Was approached to play the role of Becky in _Clerks II (2006)_ (qv), but turned it down because she had just finished the pilot for _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv).
- Suffers from asthma.
- Ellen and her husband, 'Chris Ivery' (qv) are expecting their first child [April 20, 2009].
- She is the youngest of 6 - she has 5 siblings who are all at least 8 years older than her. One of them is Maureen Pompeo.