Mar. 27th, 1970
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elizabeth Mitchell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Running Scared
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2000 - Frequency
2000 - Nurse Betty
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Kim Legaspi
Sister Mary Augustine
Lt. Sandra Gilbert
Elizabeth Mitchell was born in Los Angeles in 1970. Shortly after her birth, her parents moved to Dallas, Texas. She was graduated from Booker T. Washington (I) High School for the Performing and Visual Arts located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas. Later, she earned a BFA degree in acting from Stephens College and also studied at the British American Drama Academy. Additionally, she spent six years at the respected Dallas Theatre Center and one year with that theater's Encore Company. Before her big screen debut, she started her acting career from theaters. Her theatrical stage credits include productions of "As You Like It", "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum", "Measure for Measure", "Baby" and "Chicago", among many others.
Her breakthrough performance was opposite Angelina Jolie in Michael Cristofer's acclaimed HBO telefilm Gia (1998) (TV) endearing her to audiences and critics, alike. Following with the sci-fi time-travel adventure, Frequency (2000) with Dennis Quaid and Neil LaBute's highly anticipated Nurse Betty (2000) opposite Renée Zellweger, Elizabeth showed her charismatic acting skills. With numerous credits from theaters, TV series and movies, Elizabeth Mitchell continues to give her best in the acting field.
- Parents live in the wealthy area of Highland Park, Dallas, Texas
- Shortly after she was born in LA in 1970, her parents moved to Dallas, Texas. She graduated from 'Booker T. Washington (I)' (qv) High School for the Performing and Visual Arts located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Has been cast in 'Rob Lowe (I)' (qv)'s new pilot show, _"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv), which is to start filming later in the year (2003).
- Graduated from Stephens College in 1991 with a Fine Arts Degree.
- In 1995, lived with boyfriend 'David Lee Smith (I)' (qv) (ex-Brent on the soap _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv)) on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
- Returned to the U.S. from Europe after a lengthy run as Rosalind in a theater production "As You Like It".
- Gave birth to a son, Christopher Joseph Soldevilla, Jr., on 4 September 2005.
- Spent the back end of 2001 starring opposite 'Ioan Gruffudd' (qv) as Cyd in _Man and Boy (2002) (TV)_ (qv) which aired in March, 2002 on BBC 1 TV.