Jul. 18th, 1961
Evanston, Illinois, USA
Elizabeth McGovern's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Clash of the Titans
2010 - Kick-Ass
2008 - Inconceivable
2001 - Buffalo Soldiers
2000 - The House of Mirth
1997 - The Wings of the Dove
1993 - King of the Hill
1990 - A Shock to the System
1990 - The Handmaid's Tale
1990 - Tune in Tomorrow...
1989 - Johnny Handsome
1988 - She's Having a Baby
1987 - The Bedroom Window
1984 - Racing with the Moon
1984 - Once Upon a Time in America
1981 - Ragtime
1981 - Ordinary People
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Faith Sutton
Dame Celia Westholme
Daughter of a law professor at Northwestern, she moved with her family to Los Angeles when he transferred to UCLA. She began acting in school plays at North Hollywood High, graduated from The Oakwood School and then continued her stage training at the American Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco and the Juilliard School of Dramatic Art in New York. Following a pleasant screen debut in Robert Redford (I)'s Oscar-winning Ordinary People (1980), McGovern gave a great performance as Evelyn Nesbit in Ragtime (1981) for which she earned an Academy Award nomination as Best Supporting Actress. She has continued performing on stage between film assignments rather than concentrate on being a film star.
- Measurements: 34B-23-32 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her younger sister Cammie McGovern is a novelist, whose latest novel  is "Eye Contact."
- As a young actress on the New York stage, McGovern was required in one play to pray over some candles that were set on a bed. Realizing that the bed had caught fire halfway through her monologue, McGovern kept talking while trying to pat out the flames. She thought she had the situation pretty well under control, when firefighters suddenly arrived onstage to clear the theater.
- Has a brother, Monty.
- Was engaged to 'Sean Penn (I)' (qv) after falling in love on the set of _Racing with the Moon (1984)_ (qv).
- Sings and plays guitar in her own band "Sadie And The Hotheads".
- Has lived in West London (UK) since 1992.
- Dropped out of college when she was studying acting at Julliard in order to accept the ingenue role in _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv).