Jun. 10th, 1965
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, UK
Elizabeth Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Method
2002 - Serving Sara
2002 - Bad Boy
2001 - Double Whammy
2000 - The Weight Of Water
2000 - Bedazzled
1999 - My Favorite Martian
1999 - EDtv
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Permanent Midnight
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1992 - Passenger 57
1990 - Der Skipper
1987 - Aria
Guest TV Roles
Wanting to be a dancer, 'Elizabeth Hurley' went to ballet boarding school at 12, but soon returned home. When it came time to go to college, Hurley won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre which taught courses for dance and theater. Soon, Hurley wore the punk rock look with pink hair and a nose ring, but to get work, she had to change her image to one that was castable. After college, Hurley worked in the theater and made her screen debut in _Aria (1987). Roles in Television and a film, _Remando al viento (1988), which included a young actor named 'Hugh Grant', soon followed. European films followed her appearance in the BBC serial _Christabel (1988). Her film debut in a Hollywood movie was in the Wesley Snipes action drama _Passenger 57 (1992). When 'Hugh Grant' was picked up with 'Divine Brown', Hurley became headline news. Added to this was the fact that she was the model representing top cosmetics house 'Est�e Lauder', and there was nowhere Hurley could go to get away from the press. In 1994, Hurley and 'Hugh Grant' set up Simian Films in partnership with Castle Rock Entertainment. As Head of Development, Hurley found the script and produced her first film Extreme Measures (1996), which stars Hugh Grant (I).
- Engaged to marry boyfriend Arun Nayer. They are planning an English countryside ceremony for September 2006.
- Godmother to 'Henry Dent Brocklehurst' (qv)'s son Mark.
- Said she gets her "hot-date look" by eating vast quantities of watercress soup. (May 2001 interview, London's "The Evening Standard")
- Named #45 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Claims to have not watched television since 1979.
- Married businessman Arun Nayar on 2 March 2007 a day earlier than planned in order to avoid the glare of the media.
- Was considered for a role in _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv).
- Size 6 dress. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)