Jun. 10th, 1965
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, UK
Elizabeth Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Method
2002 - Serving Sara
2002 - Bad Boy
2001 - Double Whammy
2000 - The Weight Of Water
2000 - Bedazzled
1999 - My Favorite Martian
1999 - EDtv
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Permanent Midnight
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1992 - Passenger 57
1990 - Der Skipper
1987 - Aria
Guest TV Roles
Wanting to be a dancer, Elizabeth Hurley (I) went to ballet boarding school at 12, but soon returned home. When it came time to go to college, Hurley won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre which taught courses for dance and theater. Soon, Hurley wore the punk rock look with pink hair and a nose ring, but to get work, she had to change her image to one that was castable. After college, Hurley worked in the theater and made her screen debut in Aria (1987). Roles in Television and a film, Remando al viento (1988), which included a young actor named Hugh Grant (I), soon followed. European films followed her appearance in the BBC serial Christabel (1988) (TV). Her film debut in a Hollywood movie was in the Wesley Snipes action drama Passenger 57 (1992). When Hugh Grant (I) was picked up with Divine Brown (I), Hurley became headline news. Added to this was the fact that she was the model representing top cosmetics house Estée Lauder, and there was nowhere Hurley could go to get away from the press. In 1994, Hurley and Hugh Grant (I) set up Simian Films in partnership with Castle Rock Entertainment. As Head of Development, Hurley found the script and produced her first film Extreme Measures (1996), which stars Hugh Grant (I).
- The seven godparents of her son Damian are 'Elton John' (qv), 'Hugh Grant (I)' (qv), 'David Furnish' (qv), 'Henry Dent Brocklehurst' (qv), 'Patsy Kensit' (qv), 'Heath Ledger' (qv) and 'Denis Leary' (qv).
- She was ranked fourth in the 2001 Orange Film Survey of greatest British film actresses.
- Size 6 dress. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Another godfather of her son Damien is 'Henry Dent Brocklehurst' (qv).
- In 2000, the Screen Actors Guild went on a long strike against advertisers, demanding higher residual payments for actors appearing in commercials. Not only did Robbins and his colleagues demand that everyone punish Procter & Gamble workers with a boycott, they were highly interested in punishing any actor who crossed the picket line. When Elizabeth Hurley made an Estee Lauder ad, and then claimed she was unaware of the strike, Robbins was in a punitive mood, calling for Hurley to be punished, even banned from Hollywood. Hurley was eventually fined $100,000, not banned.
- Said she gets her "hot-date look" by eating vast quantities of watercress soup. (May 2001 interview, London's "The Evening Standard")
- Her son Damian Charles has got seven godparents. One of them is 'Elton John' (qv).
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#83).