Jun. 10th, 1965
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, UK
Elizabeth Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2004 - Method
2002 - Bad Boy
2002 - Serving Sara
2001 - Double Whammy
2000 - Bedazzled
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1999 - My Favorite Martian
1998 - Permanent Midnight
1997 - Dangerous Ground
1992 - Passenger 57
1990 - Der Skipper
1987 - Aria
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Wanting to be a dancer, Elizabeth Hurley went to ballet boarding school at 12, but soon returned home. When it came time to go to college, Hurley won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre which taught courses for dance and theater. Soon, Hurley wore the punk rock look with pink hair and a nose ring, but to get work, she had to change her image to one that was castable. After college, Hurley worked in the theater and made her screen debut in Aria (1987). Roles in Television and a film, Remando al viento (1988), which included a young actor named Hugh Grant, soon followed. European films followed her appearance in the BBC serial Christabel (1988). Her film debut in a Hollywood movie was in the Wesley Snipes action drama Passenger 57 (1992). When Hugh Grant was picked up with Divine Brown, Hurley became headline news. Added to this was the fact that she was the model representing top cosmetics house Estée Lauder, and there was nowhere Hurley could go to get away from the press. In 1994, Hurley and Hugh Grant set up Simian Films in partnership with Castle Rock Entertainment. As Head of Development, Hurley found the script and produced her first film Extreme Measures (1996), which stars Hugh Grant.
- Older sister, Kate, younger brother, Michael.
- The seven godparents of her son Damian are 'Elton John' (qv), 'Hugh Grant (I)' (qv), 'David Furnish' (qv), 'Henry Dent Brocklehurst' (qv), 'Patsy Kensit' (qv), 'Heath Ledger' (qv) and 'Denis Leary' (qv).
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#83).
- Named #75 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- In 2000, she crossed a Screen Actors Guild picket line to film a commercial. The well publicized strike was set up by the Guild to demand better conditions for members who work for the advertising industry. When asked why, she said she "didn't know" the strike was in progress.
- Her son Damian Charles has got seven godparents. One of them is 'Elton John' (qv).
- Mother, Angela.
- Married businessman Arun Nayar on 2 March 2007 a day earlier than planned in order to avoid the glare of the media.