Jun. 10th, 1965
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, UK
Elizabeth Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Method
2002 - Serving Sara
2002 - Bad Boy
2001 - Double Whammy
2000 - The Weight Of Water
2000 - Bedazzled
1999 - My Favorite Martian
1999 - EDtv
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Permanent Midnight
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1992 - Passenger 57
1990 - Der Skipper
1987 - Aria
Guest TV Roles
Wanting to be a dancer, Elizabeth Hurley (I) went to ballet boarding school at 12, but soon returned home. When it came time to go to college, Hurley won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre which taught courses for dance and theater. Soon, Hurley wore the punk rock look with pink hair and a nose ring, but to get work, she had to change her image to one that was castable. After college, Hurley worked in the theater and made her screen debut in Aria (1987). Roles in Television and a film, Remando al viento (1988), which included a young actor named Hugh Grant (I), soon followed. European films followed her appearance in the BBC serial Christabel (1988) (TV). Her film debut in a Hollywood movie was in the Wesley Snipes action drama Passenger 57 (1992). When Hugh Grant (I) was picked up with Divine Brown (I), Hurley became headline news. Added to this was the fact that she was the model representing top cosmetics house Estée Lauder, and there was nowhere Hurley could go to get away from the press. In 1994, Hurley and Hugh Grant (I) set up Simian Films in partnership with Castle Rock Entertainment. As Head of Development, Hurley found the script and produced her first film Extreme Measures (1996), which stars Hugh Grant (I).
- Voted the 13th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine - September 2002.
- Claims to have not watched television since 1979.
- Married businessman Arun Nayar on 2 March 2007 a day earlier than planned in order to avoid the glare of the media.
- Godmother of actress 'Patsy Kensit' (qv)'s son, Lennon Francis Gallagher.
- Size 6 dress. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her son Damian Charles has got seven godparents. One of them is 'Elton John' (qv).
- In 2000, she crossed a Screen Actors Guild picket line to film a commercial. The well publicized strike was set up by the Guild to demand better conditions for members who work for the advertising industry. When asked why, she said she "didn't know" the strike was in progress.
- She was ranked fourth in the 2001 Orange Film Survey of greatest British film actresses.