Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- Her favorite sport is Women's Ice Hockey.
- In addition to Nathaniel (Nate), she has two older brothers named Aaron and Benjamin (Ben) (born February 5th 1976).
- When she was told her naturally deep, husky voice was destroying her vocal chords, she went to a vocal coach to learn to speak in a higher register.
- While filming _Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)_ (qv), was called Duck Shoot by director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) after he mispronounced her last name accidentally.
- Has worked with both halves of the Buffy season-five bad guy Glory/Ben outside of the Buffy show: 'Clare Kramer' (qv) in _Bring It On (2000)_ (qv) and 'Charlie Weber' (qv) in _The Kiss (2003) (V)_ (qv).
- She attended the 'John Kerry (III)' (qv) fund raiser on July, 2004.
- Ranked #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.