Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- When she was told her naturally deep, husky voice was destroying her vocal chords, she went to a vocal coach to learn to speak in a higher register.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.
- Her devoutly religious Mormon grandmother once tried to call powerful Hollywood super-agent Michael Ovitz (who headed the agency that then represented Dushku) to complain about a sex scene that her granddaughter participated in on the TV show _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- Dushku was the only family with that surname in the United States of America in 1920 and were living in Massachusetts.
- For a long period of time she refused to do nude scenes. She once stated "You have a better chance of seeing God than me naked". Still in 2008, she appeared topless in the film "The Alphabet Killer".
- 'Jamie Lee Curtis' (qv) is her idol.
- Shares a birthday with actress 'Kristin Kreuk' (qv), actor-model-singer 'Tyrese Gibson' (qv), and some famous athletes: 'Tiger Woods' (qv), NBA superstar 'LeBron James' (qv), and former Olympic sprinter 'Ben Johnson (VIII)' (qv).
- Voted the 9th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine September 2002.