Apr. 21st, 1965
Carman, Manitoba, Canada
Ed Belfour's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Belfour is known throughout the league for his aggressive style and his firey nature on the ice. He is never shy about leaving the crease or playing the puck. His work ethic and belief in himself could be his best assets. Between the pipes, Belfour tends to use his body to stop the puck rather than his glove or stick. The Eagle has appeared in five NHL All-Star games, won 2 Vezinas and a Stanley Cup with the Stars in 1999.
- Signed on with the Dallas Stars as an unrestricted free agent on July 2, 1997.
- Has won the Vezina trophy for the league's top netmeinder in 1991 and 1993
- Won Calder Memorial Trophy (NHL rookie of the year) in 1990-91
- Belfour backed up both Martin Brodeur and Curtis Joseph (II) at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake city
- Signed as an undrafted free-agent on June 18, 1987
- Married wife Ashli on the Caribbean island of Nevis.
- July 2, 2002, signs with Toronto Maple Leafs as an unrestricted free agent
- Has appeared in 141 playoff games, winning 79, with 11 shutouts and a GAA of 2.14.
Related sites for this celeb