May. 3rd, 1975
Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dulé Hill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dule Hill (whose first name is pronounced due-LAY) was born in East Brunswick, New Jersey; raised in Sayreville; and is the youngest of two sons born to his Jamaican parents. His father is an entrepreneur and his mother is an educator. He began attending Marie Wildey School of Dance in East Orange, NJ at the age of 3 and got his first break years later when producers of Broadway's The Tap Dance Kid called the school in search of child dancers who could sing and act for the production. As the understudy to 'Savion Glover' in The Tap Dance Kid, he went on to perform the lead role in the musical's national tour working with 'Harold Nicholas' of the famed Nicholas Brothers for the next 16 months. He also later appeared with 'Gregory Hines' and 'Jimmy Slyde'.
More roles followed in the musicals "Shenandoah," "Little Rascals," and "Black & Blue," and during Hill's senior year of high school, he appeared in his first feature film, _Sugar Hill (1993), as the young character later played by 'Wesley Snipes'. Hill also was seen in national commercials such as one for Kellogg's Corn Pops cereal and was cast as one of the CityKids (1993), a Saturday-morning series produced by the 'Jim Henson' company, while he was studying business finance at Seton Hall.
Hill's next career boost came with his starring role in the original cast of "Bring in Da' Noise, Bring In Da' Funk" on Broadway, as he re-teamed with Glover but, as a result, had to abandon his college studies during his junior year. He spent two-and-one-half years on the show and earned favorable notices from casting directors and later starred with 'Freddie Prinze Jr.' in the hit feature film She's All That (1999). His other television credits include guest-starring shots on Cosby (1996), Smart Guy (1997), and "New York Undercover" (1994); and appearances in the TV movies The Ditchdigger's Daughters (1997) (TV), Color of Justice (1997) (TV), and Love Songs (1999) (TV) opposite Louis Gossett Jr.. Away from the set, Hill still enjoys tap-dancing immensely, as well as dominoes, taboo, and marathon Monopoly sessions. He often travels to Jamaica to see family members.
- Both he and his wife, 'Nicole Lyn' (qv), are of Jamaican ancestry.
- Graduated from Sayreville War Memorial High School in Sayreville, New Jersey in 1993. Other alums include 'Jon Bon Jovi' (qv), 'Marilyn Ghigliotti' (qv), and 'Greg Evigan' (qv).
- Is friends with 'Freddie Prinze Jr.' (qv), co-star of _She's All That (1999)_ (qv).
- His real first name is Karim, but he dropped it because other kids kept calling him "'Kareem Abdul-Jabaar'." He goes by his middle name, Dule, which was chosen by an aunt. She created the name after a trip to France.
- Studied business finance at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey but left in his junior year to pursue acting.
- Proficient tap dancer, as seen performing with 'Savion Glover' (qv) on the 32nd NAACP Image Awards show.
- Attended the wedding of 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv) and 'Freddie Prinze Jr.' (qv) in 2002.
Related sites for this celeb