May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- In March 2008, Carey became the first US game show host to award a one million dollar cash prize on three separate game shows. The first instance occurred on "Pepsi's Play for a Billion", which aired in September 2003. The second incident happened on the premiere episode of "The Power of 10" in August 2007, while the third was won on a primetime episode of "The Price is Right" (Drew's first nighttime episode, March 2008). In addition, a $1 million prize has been awarded in two subsequent episodes of "Price".
- Likes "The Sims" series for PC.
- Underwent lasik surgery to correct vision. Currently wears trademark glasses as a "prop".
- Is an avid fan of football (soccer). He says he got into it playing FIFA and learnt the rules ("Soccer for Dummies"), so he could become a "true fan".
- His name is mentioned in the song Ohio (Come Back To Texas) by 'Bowling for Soup' (qv).
- (August 2001) Underwent emergency surgery. Surgeons inserted a "stent" to open the blocked arteries to his heart.
- (October 2002) Roasted by the New York Friars' club
- A self-professed "computer geek" because of his love of video games and the internet.