May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Robots
2005 - The Aristocrats
1999 - The Big Tease
1993 - Coneheads
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Dog Nut")
Himself - Host
Himself - Comedian
Drew Carey (Voiced)
- Was selected out of 13 finalists to replace 'Bob Barker (I)' (qv), as host of _"The New Price Is Right" (1972)_ (qv), who retired in 2007. At first Carey turned it down, but when CBS approached him a second time, while negotiating a deal, he accepted it.
- Is a big Cleveland Browns fan. Introduced the team upon the first game of the 1999 season, when it the Browns returned to the NFL.
- His hand was injured on the set of The Price is Right when his hand got jammed in one of the turntable walls.
- (8 January 1999) Filed $600,000 breach of contract suit against A&W restaurant chain when they refused to pay for commercials after an episode of his TV series featured competitor McDonalds.
- Author of the book "Dirty Jokes and Beer".
- When his _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv) wound up being a major surprise hit on TV, he was given a Porsche by the production company. He purportedly walked out on the stage of the set, asked, "Who here has got the worst car?" When one of the stage hands spoke up and said he didn't have a car, Carey threw him the keys to his old Miata (source: Esquire Magazine Interview).
- Played in his high school marching band.
- A self-professed "computer geek" because of his love of video games and the internet.