May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Robots
2005 - The Aristocrats
1999 - The Big Tease
1993 - Coneheads
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Dog Nut")
Himself - Host
Himself - Comedian
Drew Carey (Voiced)
- In March 2008, Carey became the first US game show host to award a one million dollar cash prize on three separate game shows. The first instance occurred on "Pepsi's Play for a Billion", which aired in September 2003. The second incident happened on the premiere episode of "The Power of 10" in August 2007, while the third was won on a primetime episode of "The Price is Right" (Drew's first nighttime episode, March 2008). In addition, a $1 million prize has been awarded in two subsequent episodes of "Price".
- When his _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv) wound up being a major surprise hit on TV, he was given a Porsche by the production company. He purportedly walked out on the stage of the set, asked, "Who here has got the worst car?" When one of the stage hands spoke up and said he didn't have a car, Carey threw him the keys to his old Miata (source: Esquire Magazine Interview).
- Is an avid fan of football (soccer). He says he got into it playing FIFA and learnt the rules ("Soccer for Dummies"), so he could become a "true fan".
- His hand was injured on the set of The Price is Right when his hand got jammed in one of the turntable walls.
- He is a self-described libertarian.
- Received an honorary Ph.D. from Cleveland State University in 2000.
- Born at 7:00pm-EDT
- Member of Delta Tau Delta International Fraternity