May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Host of the two biggest-money games in television history. In 2003, he hosted _Pepsi Play for a Billion (2003) (TV)_ (qv), a game show special that offered the ultimate $1 billion prize. In 2007, he became the host of _"Power of 10" (2007)_ (qv), in which the potential prize is $10 million. Both shows were produced by 'Michael Davies (IV)' (qv).
- Is a wrestling fan.
- Competed in the World Wrestling Federation's 30-man "Royal Rumble" battle royal match on January 21, 2001. He eliminated himself shortly after entering the match as the fifth participant.
- When his _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv) wound up being a major surprise hit on TV, he was given a Porsche by the production company. He purportedly walked out on the stage of the set, asked, "Who here has got the worst car?" When one of the stage hands spoke up and said he didn't have a car, Carey threw him the keys to his old Miata (source: Esquire Magazine Interview).
- Was the first ever celebrity to enter WWE's Pay-Per-View Royal Rumble. He eliminated himself when the next participant, the seven footer Kane ('Glenn Jacobs' (qv)), came out. This became one of WWE's greatest moments in sport's entertainment history.
- Engaged to Nicole Jaracz, a recent graduate of culinary school, proposed October 9, 2007.
- His name is mentioned in the song Ohio (Come Back To Texas) by 'Bowling for Soup' (qv).
- Was in the US Marine Corps.