May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Robots
2005 - The Aristocrats
1999 - The Big Tease
1993 - Coneheads
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Dog Nut")
Himself - Host
Himself - Comedian
Drew Carey (Voiced)
- His name is mentioned in the song Ohio (Come Back To Texas) by 'Bowling for Soup' (qv).
- Father died when Carey was 8, spawning years of depression. Attempted suicide on many occasions.
- Underwent lasik surgery to correct vision. Currently wears trademark glasses as a "prop".
- Was selected out of 13 finalists to replace 'Bob Barker (I)' (qv), as host of _"The New Price Is Right" (1972)_ (qv), who retired in 2007. At first Carey turned it down, but when CBS approached him a second time, while negotiating a deal, he accepted it.
- Is a big Cleveland Browns fan. Introduced the team upon the first game of the 1999 season, when it the Browns returned to the NFL.
- Received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, 21 February 2003. Appropriately enough, the star of this former Marine is located directly in front of The Supply Sergeant; a Hollywood fixture for decades.
- Bought his childhood home with his first paycheck from _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv).
- Was the first ever celebrity to enter WWE's Pay-Per-View Royal Rumble. He eliminated himself when the next participant, the seven footer Kane ('Glenn Jacobs' (qv)), came out. This became one of WWE's greatest moments in sport's entertainment history.