May. 23rd, 1958
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Drew Carey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Robots
2005 - The Aristocrats
1999 - The Big Tease
1993 - Coneheads
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Father died when Carey was 8, spawning years of depression. Attempted suicide on many occasions.
- In March 2008, Carey became the first US game show host to award a one million dollar cash prize on three separate game shows. The first instance occurred on "Pepsi's Play for a Billion", which aired in September 2003. The second incident happened on the premiere episode of "The Power of 10" in August 2007, while the third was won on a primetime episode of "The Price is Right" (Drew's first nighttime episode, March 2008). In addition, a $1 million prize has been awarded in two subsequent episodes of "Price".
- Likes "The Sims" series for PC.
- (August 2001) Underwent emergency surgery. Surgeons inserted a "stent" to open the blocked arteries to his heart.
- Is a wrestling fan.
- Likes sparring.
- Was the first ever celebrity to enter WWE's Pay-Per-View Royal Rumble. He eliminated himself when the next participant, the seven footer Kane ('Glenn Jacobs' (qv)), came out. This became one of WWE's greatest moments in sport's entertainment history.
- His name is mentioned in the song Ohio (Come Back To Texas) by 'Bowling for Soup' (qv).