Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Drew Barrymore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- Referenced by name in the movie _Monkeyshine (2008)_ (qv).
- She is half Hungarian from her mother's side.
- (2004) Was engaged to 'Fabrizio Moretti' (qv), drummer in the band 'The Strokes' (qv).
- Drives a Porsche Carerra.
- Referenced in the 'Tim Sandlin' (qv) book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.
- 3 February 2004: Got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, joining her famous relatives 'Ethel Barrymore' (qv), 'John Barrymore (I)' (qv) and 'Lionel Barrymore' (qv) as recipients of that honour.
- Ranked #40 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- One of her hobbies is photography.