Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- 'Steven Spielberg' (qv) gave her a quilt for her birthday with a note "Cover yourself up". Enclosed was a copy of the January 1995 issue of Playboy Magazine for which she posed nude, with the pictures altered by Spielberg's art department so that she appeared fully clothed.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Won the 1999 Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for favorite movie actress.
- One of her hobbies is photography.
- Married 'Tom Green (III)' (qv) twice, 1st eloping to the South Pacific in March 2001, then on July 7, 2001 before family and friends in a ceremony in Malibu, California.
- Referenced by name in the Invertigo song "Typical".
- Lived with 'David Crosby' (qv) and his wife for over a year.
- Model for Missoni. (2006)