Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- Auditioned for the 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) role in _Moulin Rouge! (2001)_ (qv).
- In honour of 'Bill Clinton (I)' (qv) turning 50, 'John Kennedy Jr.' (qv) had Drew pose as 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv) on the cover of his magazine, "George", with the heading, "Happy Birthday, Mr. President", which 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv) sang to his father at the now-infamous 19 May 1962 Birthday Salute to President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv). (September 1996).
- Referenced in the 'Tim Sandlin' (qv) book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.
- (July 2008) Broke up with 'Justin Long (I)' (qv). They had dated for about a year.
- During an appearance on _"The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996)_ (qv), she said that she never watches any of the movies she stars in.
- Ranked #40 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Was engaged to 'Jamie Walters' (qv) for a brief period of time.
- Originally offered the lead role in _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv) but chose to play Casey Becker because she thought it would be more fun.