Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- During an appearance on _"The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996)_ (qv), she said that she never watches any of the movies she stars in.
- Was in consideration for the role of Brandon Teena in _Boys Don't Cry (1999)_ (qv). However 'Hilary Swank' (qv), who went on to win the Best Actress Oscar for her performance, was cast instead.
- Referenced in the 'Tim Sandlin' (qv) book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.
- Ranked #5 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- As a child, she auditioned for the role of Carol Ann in _Poltergeist (1982)_ (qv).
- Was ranked #3 in E's 50 cutest child stars all grown-up. (2005).
- Drives a Porsche Carerra.