Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994/I), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996/I). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009) (TV).
Since early 2009, Drew Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Drew ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only Cindy Crawford and Halle Berry, and placing ahead of the likes of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denise Richards, Katie Holmes and Heather Graham).
- Godmother of the late 'Kurt Cobain' (qv) and 'Courtney Love' (qv)'s daughter, Frances Bean.
- Born at 11:51 AM.
- Published an autobiographic book titled "Little Girl Lost" (co-written by herself and contributor 'Todd Gold' (qv)) in 1990. At the time of completing the book she was 14.
- Was offered the leading part of Nomi Malone in _Showgirls (1995)_ (qv), but turned it down because she felt uncomfortable with the explicit nudity displayed in the script.
- Measurements: 34C-24-34. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Great-granddaughter of Maurice Barrymore and Georgiana Barrymore. Great-great granddaughter of Louisa Drew. Great-grand-niece of 'Sidney Drew' (qv). Grand-niece of 'S. Rankin Drew' (qv), 'Ethel Colt' (qv), 'John Drew Colt' (qv), and 'Samuel Colt' (qv).
- Personal assistant is 'Kelly Kall' (qv).
- On February 3, 2007, she became a member of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv)'s "five-timer" club, which consists of celebrities who have hosted five or more times. She is the second female member to date, the first being 'Candice Bergen' (qv).