Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Drew Barrymore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- Personal assistant is 'Kelly Kall' (qv).
- Is a huge fan of 'The Beach Boys' (qv) and appeared in their music video, "Rock and Roll To The Rescue" as well as singing "Wouldn't It Be Nice" in the film _50 First Dates (2004)_ (qv). Other favorite musicians include 'The Beatles' (qv), 'Daft Punk' (qv), 'Lauryn Hill' (qv), 'Coldplay' (qv) 'Ratt' (qv) and 'Beck (I)' (qv).
- Was engaged to 'Jamie Walters' (qv) for a brief period of time.
- Ranked #61 in Premiere's 2002 annual Power 100 List.
- Lived with 'David Crosby' (qv) and his wife for over a year.
- She was the Guest Host for _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) when viewers voted that 'Andy Kaufman (I)' (qv) would never be allowed to return to the show.
- When she found out that a 23-year-old girl wanted to be on MTV's _"I Want a Famous Face" (2004)_ (qv) and have cosmetic surgery to look like her, she contacted the girl and successfully convinced her to not have the surgery.
- (1984) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.