Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- She is allergic to garlic, bee stings, perfume and coffee.
- Became a Boston Red Sox fan during the filming of the movie _Fever Pitch (2005)_ (qv).
- Referenced by name in the Invertigo song "Typical".
- On February 3, 2007, she became a member of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv)'s "five-timer" club, which consists of celebrities who have hosted five or more times. She is the second female member to date, the first being 'Candice Bergen' (qv).
- Personal assistant is 'Kelly Kall' (qv).
- Ranked #5 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".
- Is the spokesperson for Cover Girl.
- She was, at seven years old, the youngest person ever to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).