Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Drew Barrymore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- (2004) Was engaged to 'Fabrizio Moretti' (qv), drummer in the band 'The Strokes' (qv).
- She is allergic to garlic, bee stings, perfume and coffee.
- Close friend of 'Nancy Juvonen' (qv). She and Nancy have a production company together called Flower Films.
- Her favorite poet is 'e.e. cummings' (qv).
- Her first of two impulsive marriages was to Welsh-born 'Jeremy Thomas (XV)' (qv), who was a Los Angeles barkeep. They had known each other only six weeks before they married, which was decided within hours one night. The impromptu setting was at Thomas' bar, "The Room," on Cahuenga Boulevard, shortly after 5:00 a.m, on March 20, 1994. Supposedly both were sober. The minister was a clairvoyant from a psychic hot line who arrived within a half an hour after being paged.
- (1984) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- During an appearance on _"The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996)_ (qv), she said that she never watches any of the movies she stars in.
- Ranked #40 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.