Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself (segment "Drew Barrymore")
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994/I), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996/I). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009) (TV).
Since early 2009, Drew Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Drew ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only Cindy Crawford and Halle Berry, and placing ahead of the likes of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denise Richards, Katie Holmes and Heather Graham).
- Ranked #5 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".
- Close friend of 'Nancy Juvonen' (qv). She and Nancy have a production company together called Flower Films.
- Referenced in the 'Tim Sandlin' (qv) book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.
- Auditioned for the 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) role in _Moulin Rouge! (2001)_ (qv).
- Drives a Porsche Carerra.
- Won the 1999 Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for favorite movie actress.
- When she found out that a 23-year-old girl wanted to be on MTV's _"I Want a Famous Face" (2004)_ (qv) and have cosmetic surgery to look like her, she contacted the girl and successfully convinced her to not have the surgery.
- Her first of two impulsive marriages was to Welsh-born 'Jeremy Thomas (XV)' (qv), who was a Los Angeles barkeep. They had known each other only six weeks before they married, which was decided within hours one night. The impromptu setting was at Thomas' bar, "The Room," on Cahuenga Boulevard, shortly after 5:00 a.m, on March 20, 1994. Supposedly both were sober. The minister was a clairvoyant from a psychic hot line who arrived within a half an hour after being paged.