Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994/I), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996/I). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009) (TV).
Since early 2009, Drew Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Drew ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only Cindy Crawford and Halle Berry, and placing ahead of the likes of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denise Richards, Katie Holmes and Heather Graham).
- (1984) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- Won the 1999 Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for favorite movie actress.
- (2004) Was engaged to 'Fabrizio Moretti' (qv), drummer in the band 'The Strokes' (qv).
- Close friend of 'Nancy Juvonen' (qv). She and Nancy have a production company together called Flower Films.
- She is allergic to garlic, bee stings, perfume and coffee.
- She and 'Tom Green (III)' (qv) honeymooned in Ireland.
- Was engaged to 'Jamie Walters' (qv) for a brief period of time.
- During an appearance on _"The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996)_ (qv), she said that she never watches any of the movies she stars in.