Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994/I), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996/I). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009) (TV).
Since early 2009, Drew Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Drew ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only Cindy Crawford and Halle Berry, and placing ahead of the likes of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denise Richards, Katie Holmes and Heather Graham).
- (1984) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- She was delivered by Dr. 'Paul Fleiss' (qv), father of 'Heidi Fleiss' (qv).
- Great-granddaughter of Maurice Barrymore and Georgiana Barrymore. Great-great granddaughter of Louisa Drew. Great-grand-niece of 'Sidney Drew' (qv). Grand-niece of 'S. Rankin Drew' (qv), 'Ethel Colt' (qv), 'John Drew Colt' (qv), and 'Samuel Colt' (qv).
- Referenced by name in the movie _Monkeyshine (2008)_ (qv).
- She was, at seven years old, the youngest person ever to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Best friends with 'Cameron Diaz' (qv) since _Charlie's Angels (2000)_ (qv).
- (July 2008) Broke up with 'Justin Long (I)' (qv). They had dated for about a year.
- Ranked #5 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".