Feb. 22nd, 1975
Culver City, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), EverAfter (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009).
Since early 2009, Barrymore has appeared in print and television advertisements for Cover Girl cosmetics products. A survey from a Los Angeles marketing research firm of celebrity spokespeople had Barrymore ranked 3rd on their "most wanted" list of female celebrity endorsers (trailing only 'Cindy Crawford' and 'Halle Berry', and placing ahead of the likes of 'Catherine Zeta-Jones', 'Denise Richards', 'Katie Holmes' and 'Heather Graham').
- Was offered the leading part of Nomi Malone in _Showgirls (1995)_ (qv), but turned it down because she felt uncomfortable with the explicit nudity displayed in the script.
- Auditioned for the 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) role in _Moulin Rouge! (2001)_ (qv).
- Referenced in the 'Tim Sandlin' (qv) book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.
- Her first of two impulsive marriages was to Welsh-born 'Jeremy Thomas (XV)' (qv), who was a Los Angeles barkeep. They had known each other only six weeks before they married, which was decided within hours one night. The impromptu setting was at Thomas' bar, "The Room," on Cahuenga Boulevard, shortly after 5:00 a.m, on March 20, 1994. Supposedly both were sober. The minister was a clairvoyant from a psychic hot line who arrived within a half an hour after being paged.
- 'Steven Spielberg' (qv) gave her a quilt for her birthday with a note "Cover yourself up". Enclosed was a copy of the January 1995 issue of Playboy Magazine for which she posed nude, with the pictures altered by Spielberg's art department so that she appeared fully clothed.
- Personal assistant is 'Kelly Kall' (qv).
- Her godmothers are 'Sophia Loren' (qv) and 'Anna Strasberg' (qv).
- Referenced by name in the movie _Monkeyshine (2008)_ (qv).