May. 8th, 1926
New York City, New York, USA
Don Rickles' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Toy Story 3
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2005 - The Aristocrats
1999 - Toy Story 2
1998 - Dirty Work
1998 - Quest for Camelot
1995 - Casino
1995 - Toy Story
1992 - Innocent Blood
1970 - Kelly's Heroes
1967 - Enter Laughing
1965 - Beach Blanket Bingo
1964 - Muscle Beach Party
1964 - Bikini Beach
1963 - X
1958 - Run Silent Run Deep
Guest TV Roles
After the Golden Era of Hollywood ended, Don Rickles is one man still living to tell his tales. One of the most respected talents in entertainment, Rickles got his start in the night clubs, toiling for over 20 years, until 1958, when Don made his film debut in Run Silent Run Deep (1958). The movie was a big hit. Afterward, Rickles continued acting, starring in films like X (1963), Bikini Beach (1964), Enter Laughing (1967), and Kelly's Heroes (1970). In 1973, Don became a regular on Dean Martin (I)'s Celebrity Roasts. From 1973 until 1984, Don appeared frequently on Dean's show, paying tribute to some of his friends, like Bob Hope (I), Frank Sinatra, Lucille Ball, and was even the roast master on the roast for Dean Martin (I) himself. In 1976, Don his own TV series "C.P.O. Sharkey" (1976), which enjoyed a two year run. After 1984, Don began taking it easy, appearing in a few minor film roles. But in 1995, Don made a big comeback, appearing with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen (I) in Toy Story (1995) in the role of the grouchy Mr. Potato Head. In 1999, he returned as Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 2 (1999).
- Grandfather of Ethan and Harrison Mann.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Father of 'Mindy Rickles' (qv) and 'Larry Rickles' (qv).
- Was good friends with 'Frank Sinatra' (qv) and 'Don Adams (I)' (qv).
- Seen by some as an imitator of 'Jack E. Leonard' (qv).
- Longtime, close friend of 'Bob Newhart' (qv). Their families have often traveled together over the years.
- Aspired to be a serious actor and studied drama at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts before doing a stand-up comedy. His classmates included 'Grace Kelly (II)' (qv), 'Anne Bancroft (I)' (qv) and 'Jason Robards' (qv).