Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Don Cheadle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- In July 2005, he officially toured the Hotel des Milles Collines in Kigali, Rwanda on which the film _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is based.
- He and 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv) have two daughters (born in 1995 and 1997).
- _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is ranked #90 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time, the most recent entry on the list.
- Plays the saxophone
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- Got his first big break starring as the hotel clerk on the short lived _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv) spin-off _"The Golden Palace" (1992)_ (qv) alongside 'Cheech Marin' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- The son of a child psychologist and teacher