Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Sister is a teacher in Washington, D.C. and his brother works in Denver's mayor's office
- Has a half-brother named Andrew Kilbourne.
- In July 2005, he officially toured the Hotel des Milles Collines in Kigali, Rwanda on which the film _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is based.
- Briefly worked as a stand-up comic early in his career.
- During the making of Mission to Mars asked to sleep on the actual "film set" so he could be full in character.
- He and 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv) have two daughters (born in 1995 and 1997).
- (1997) Lives with 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv), who plays his wife in _Rosewood (1997)_ (qv)
- Drives a hybrid car, Toyota Prius.