Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Got his first big break starring as the hotel clerk on the short lived _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv) spin-off _"The Golden Palace" (1992)_ (qv) alongside 'Cheech Marin' (qv).
- Plays the saxophone
- Has a sister, Cindy.
- After acting in _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv), a film about the early 1990s Rwandan genocide, he became an activist to raise awareness of the mid-2000s genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In January 2005, he traveled to Sudan with five members of Congress to see refugee camps and to meet survivors of the genocide. Upon his return, he reported on his trip for _"ABC News Nightline" (1980)_ (qv).
- Has a half-brother named Andrew Kilbourne.
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- He and 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv) have two daughters (born in 1995 and 1997).
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).