Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Don Cheadle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- Sister is a teacher in Washington, D.C. and his brother works in Denver's mayor's office
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- (1997) Lives with 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv), who plays his wife in _Rosewood (1997)_ (qv)
- After acting in _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv), a film about the early 1990s Rwandan genocide, he became an activist to raise awareness of the mid-2000s genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In January 2005, he traveled to Sudan with five members of Congress to see refugee camps and to meet survivors of the genocide. Upon his return, he reported on his trip for _"ABC News Nightline" (1980)_ (qv).
- _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is ranked #90 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time, the most recent entry on the list.
- Brother of 'Colin Cheadle' (qv).
- The son of a child psychologist and teacher