Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Don Cheadle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- (1997) Lives with 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv), who plays his wife in _Rosewood (1997)_ (qv)
- Has a sister, Cindy.
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- After acting in _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv), a film about the early 1990s Rwandan genocide, he became an activist to raise awareness of the mid-2000s genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In January 2005, he traveled to Sudan with five members of Congress to see refugee camps and to meet survivors of the genocide. Upon his return, he reported on his trip for _"ABC News Nightline" (1980)_ (qv).
- Brother of 'Colin Cheadle' (qv).
- Appears uncredited in two back-to-back movies, _Rush Hour 2 (2001)_ (qv) and _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv). He played a criminal in both films.
- Replaced 'Terrence Howard' (qv) in the role of Col. James Rhodes for _Iron Man 2 (2010)_ (qv). Howard, who played Rhodes in _Iron Man (2008)_ (qv), had a falling out with Marvel Studios, because of a salary dispute.
- He and 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv) have two daughters (born in 1995 and 1997).