Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Don Cheadle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Briefly worked as a stand-up comic early in his career.
- Replaced 'Terrence Howard' (qv) in the role of Col. James Rhodes for _Iron Man 2 (2010)_ (qv). Howard, who played Rhodes in _Iron Man (2008)_ (qv), had a falling out with Marvel Studios, because of a salary dispute.
- Plays the saxophone
- Appeared in _The Rat Pack (1998) (TV)_ (qv) as 'Sammy Davis Jr.' (qv), who along with the other Rat Pack members, appeared in the original _Ocean's 11_(1960)_. Cheadle then appeared in the remake, _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv).
- Appears uncredited in two back-to-back movies, _Rush Hour 2 (2001)_ (qv) and _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv). He played a criminal in both films.
- During the making of Mission to Mars asked to sleep on the actual "film set" so he could be full in character.
- Drives a hybrid car, Toyota Prius.
- _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is ranked #90 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time, the most recent entry on the list.