Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Don Cheadle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- (1997) Lives with 'Bridgid Coulter' (qv), who plays his wife in _Rosewood (1997)_ (qv)
- _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv) is ranked #90 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time, the most recent entry on the list.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- Replaced 'Terrence Howard' (qv) in the role of Col. James Rhodes for _Iron Man 2 (2010)_ (qv). Howard, who played Rhodes in _Iron Man (2008)_ (qv), had a falling out with Marvel Studios, because of a salary dispute.
- Got his first big break starring as the hotel clerk on the short lived _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv) spin-off _"The Golden Palace" (1992)_ (qv) alongside 'Cheech Marin' (qv).
- The son of a child psychologist and teacher
- Drives a hybrid car, Toyota Prius.
- Briefly worked as a stand-up comic early in his career.