Nov. 29th, 1964
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
D.A. John Littleton
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Don Cheadle was born in Kansas City but moved throughout his childhood. He attended CalArts and earned his BA in Fine Arts. He auditioned for many roles, and won a part on the television series "Fame" (1982). He was then cast in the John Irvin film Hamburger Hill (1987). He first became recognized in Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), which won him the Best Supporting Actor Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics. Cheadle is a highly respected actor who has won many awards and continues to act on both television movies and features, as well as in theater productions. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Appears uncredited in two back-to-back movies, _Rush Hour 2 (2001)_ (qv) and _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv). He played a criminal in both films.
- Drives a hybrid car, Toyota Prius.
- Brother of 'Colin Cheadle' (qv).
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- Appeared in _The Rat Pack (1998) (TV)_ (qv) as 'Sammy Davis Jr.' (qv), who along with the other Rat Pack members, appeared in the original _Ocean's 11_(1960)_. Cheadle then appeared in the remake, _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv).
- During the making of Mission to Mars asked to sleep on the actual "film set" so he could be full in character.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- After acting in _Hotel Rwanda (2004)_ (qv), a film about the early 1990s Rwandan genocide, he became an activist to raise awareness of the mid-2000s genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In January 2005, he traveled to Sudan with five members of Congress to see refugee camps and to meet survivors of the genocide. Upon his return, he reported on his trip for _"ABC News Nightline" (1980)_ (qv).