Feb. 17th, 1970
Wallasey, England, UK
Dominic Purcell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Primeval
2004 - Blade Trinity
2002 - Equilibrium
2001 - Scenes of the Crime
2000 - Mission: Impossible II
Guest TV Roles
Dominic Haakon Myrtvedt Purcell (born 17 February 1970) is an Australian actor, who was born in England and raised in Australia by his Norwegian father and Irish mother, best known for his roles as Lincoln Burrows in Prison Break, the titular character in John Doe, and Drake in Blade: Trinity.
Purcell was a bored landscaper who decided to attend a drama school. He became a TV star in Australia before debuting in America as the title character in John Doe (2002). In 2000, he won the Green Card lottery and now lives in Los Angeles with his family.
Purcell later attended the Australian Theatre for Young People and then enrolled at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts where he met his future wife, Rebecca Williamson, and studied with 'Hugh Jackman'. With his wife he has a son Joseph (b. August 12, 1999), a daughter Audrey (b. January 30, 2001), and twins Lily-Rose and Augustus (b. July 7, 2003). They divorced in (2008).
- Left high school to form a landscape gardening venture with some friends. His pre-acting stints also included surfing.
- His mother is Maureen (she's Irish).
- Whilst in Ireland at Christmas 2007 he and his brother saved the life of a 16 month old boy, who was choking, by slapping his back to dislodge an onion ring and then giving CPR until he started breathing again.
- He's the oldest of five children. Sibling's names: Damian Purcell, Jaime Pucell, Patrick Purcell and Marie-Therese Purcell.
- He was a classmate of 'Hugh Jackman' (qv) at the Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts.
- Has two nieces named Claudia and Eilisha (Marie-Therese's daughters).
- Has four children: Joseph (b. August 12th 1999), Audrey (b. October 30th 2001) and twins Lily-Rose and Augustus (b. July 7th 2003).
- Son-in-law of David Williamson.